Advisory, Senior Consultant/Consultant - Digital Transformation
Location: Edinburgh, Greater London, Greater Manchester, Tyne and Wear, West Midlands
Job Type: Full time
Want to create value with digital and turn your ideas into human impact? So do we.
There’s one in every group—the person who dreams big and has the motivation to bring their ideas to life, even as others might roll their eyes and prefer to play it safe. Are you that person? One who isn’t afraid to break the mould and who is passionate about the power of digital to transform organisations and ways of working? Because we are building teams of people like that to help our clients unlock the power they need now and own what’s next.
At Avanade Advisory, we are breaking apart the traditional process of setting strategies and goals first, then finding technologies to achieve them. In the digital age, there’s no time for that linear process. We partner with clients to accelerate value from digital innovation by being ambitious, imaginative – and fast. We think big and deliver personally. We relentlessly challenge, inspire, and support our clients and each other.
Want the agility and energy of a start-up, backed by the resources of Accenture, Microsoft and the Center for Information Systems Research at MIT Sloan School of Management? Here you will find a team of people who thrive on turning ideas and innovations into breakthrough results for leading organisations around the world. Ultimately, we’re not just making business better. We’re making life better for our clients and their customers.
If that sounds like you, you sound good to us. Find your next opportunity at Avanade Advisory.
About the role
As part of our Digital Advisory practice, you’ll open our client’s eyes to the opportunities and challenges presented by the Microsoft ecosystem guiding them as we help transform their business. The Advisory team provides strategic advice and uses technology advancements (e.g., data and analytics, intelligent automation, ERP/CRM etc.) to drive digital transformation. We deliver our broad range of Advisory services through an integrated, collaborative approach between our clients and practitioners.
As a Consultant/Senior Consultant, you will collaborate with senior leadership and participate on engagements advising clients at the highest strategic level with big-picture and tactical guidance on how technology enables a variety of business outcomes. You’ll possess exception analytical, interpersonal and creative thinking capabilities. You’ll be ambitious, enterprising and personable, possessing outstanding leadership qualities, that allows you to assume a substantive role in the Advisory Practice with an ability to scale over time.
In this role, you will
- Contribute to the growth of innovation opportunity development, advisory capability building and thought leadership.
- Work with our portfolio of exciting clients to support them in driving innovation through new technologies, new business models and new ways of working that add value.
- Create strategy, assessments, vision & road maps and business cases as well as provide data driven informational workshops and presentations.
- Conduct detailed analyses/interviews to understand and explain client problems and utilise standard consulting engagement practices such as facilitation, interviewing, gap analysis, etc., and provide input for workshops and support clients in service delivery transformation.
- Identify, develop and document issues, perform analysis, draw conclusions and formulate strategic recommendations.
- Assist senior team members with sales efforts including development of client proposals and pitch mechanics.
- 3+ years of consulting or advisory experience.
- Strong communication, presentation and facilitation skills.
- An understanding of how to collect and generate insight from quantitative and quantitative data.
- Interfacing with executive level clients, assessing client's goals and objectives and the ability to translate ideas into strategic and practical solutions. Knowledge of one or more of the following transformation design capabilities; operating model design, customer experience strategy & design, business process reengineering, business case development and/or enterprise function (Finance & HR) consulting.
Desirable, but not mandatory:
- Application of Design Thinking principles and methodologies.
- Knowledge of groundbreaking technologies e.g. artificial intelligence, 5G, Internet of Things, machine learning, blockchain etc.
- Experience building prototypes.
What’s in it for you?
- Transparent career progression, with a focus on your strengths and coaching from senior colleagues.
- Work alongside Avanade specialists who are solving some of the biggest industry challenges across the globe with innovative thinking and cutting-edge tools.
- Access to leading-edge technology that will give you the opportunity to deepen your existing skills even as you help create the latest business trends.
- Access to our network of start-ups and partners.
- Opportunities to make a difference to the communities in which we work and live.