Experiences Marketing Director
Location: Edinburgh, Greater London, Greater Manchester, Tyne and Wear, West Midlands
Job Type: Full time
What is Avanade Experiences?
We make what matters. We create relevant and enduring experiences to accelerate growth.
Established over 20 years ago by Accenture and Microsoft, we've delivered the most intelligent, engaging, award-winning experiences on the Microsoft ecosystem. As technology and human expectations evolve, we see incredible opportunities for customers, products, and workplaces—where imagination is the only limit.
Avanade Experiences is our way to bring unconventional thinking, exceptional creativity, and our unparalleled engineering heritage to think big and make it real. Our vision of the future goes far beyond concepts to enable and deliver the impact our clients, their people, customers, and communities need.
We support each other with great work to push boundaries, connect technology with what matters to people first, and grow with our clients. If you feel this is a great fit for your path, we’d love to talk.
About the role:
As the Director of Marketing for our Experiences business group, you create the external market voice for Avanade that brings to life our clients’ ambitions across our three practices: Customer experience, workplace experience and digital products and services. If you thrive at the intersection of marketing innovative solutions, insights, and creative application of technology to solve real business problems, look no further. We are looking for an Experiences Solutions Marketing Director to strategize and build the core content and messaging across Avanade’s Experiences business.
Reporting to the Global Solutions Marketing Lead, the right candidate will own how we market the Experiences Business Group and be a core creator of market-facing content with eye to aligning against our overall marketing strategy and campaign.
The right candidate is excited to:
- Lead the creation of the Experiences go-to-market strategy across marketing channels and mediums that differentiates Avanade in the marketplace. Use a client led story telling approach to bring the Experiences Business Group into new markets and forums to showcase ability, winning awards and new clients
- Build a strategic understanding and perspective on the Microsoft Experiences portfolio across employee experience, customer experience and digital products and services capabilities including trends and sub domains through research, competitive analysis, digital marketing analytics, field engagement, analyst and client feedback.
- Manage the end-to-end messaging lifecycle, the supporting conversion of messaging into compelling client story led content across a variety of form factors, audiences, channels and communications.
- Create and execute scalable demand generation programs to create and nurture opportunities with our regions, across industries, personas and key client challenge areas across channels such as events, thought-leadership, digital, social and more.
- Experiment with provocative marketing approaches with global and regional marketing teams to propel Experiences message and market traction. Iterate, test and learn what works and what doesn’t to help drive results.
- Collaborate with industry and business unit marketers to ensure we are positioning Avanade’s end-to-end portfolio with our clients. Use your understanding of business analytics and how we track marketing success from plan through to execution and sales, taking an active role in understanding and engaging our clients.
- Intersect key partner relationships with Experiences go-to-market strategy to create exponential growth and power our joint go-to marketing program and activities.
The individual will be a part of our Global Solutions Marketing team and work closely with our Experiences business, Practice leads, Sales, Industry Marketing team, Alliances team, Campaigns team, Global Solution Offering teams, Field marketing, Brand, Sales enablement, Client evidence, Events and our Portfolio team on an ongoing basis. This role will also require close collaboration with the global, area and regional marketing and sales teams to ensure that we are delivering the right material and capturing first-hand feedback from the field.
Your Likely Experience:
- 7+ relevant Marketing experience within a Digital Agency or marketing services provider.
- Experience and knowledge working in an IT services or software company
- Experience marketing customer experience, workplace experiences and digital product development solutions
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience, Post graduate work is a plus
Other Discerning Experience will include:
- Excellent, flexible verbal and written skills
- Value proposition creation
- Multi-channel and multi-modal content creation
- Experience in market development for digital offerings and services including:
- Market profiling and competitive analysis
- Graphic design background is an asset
- Event management and build
- Sales enablement
- Partner marketing planning, engagement and activation
- Experience creating compelling sales and marketing collateral
- Familiarity with B2B demand generation methods and campaign execution
- Ability to work effectively as part of a matrixed global/virtual team
- Proven project management experience
- Knowledge of Microsoft enterprise products is a plus
You’ve got this!