UX Designer - Senior Analyst
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
Are you a UX Designer who is passionate about designing products that make a measurable impact on people's everyday lives? Avanade is looking for a UX Designer to join our rapidly expanding design team in our London studio.
What we do
We are a global studio committed to making a measurable impact for our clients, their customers and their workforce. We work across the entire product lifecycle, from visioning and discovery, validating propositions to launching products and services that are valuable to both users and businesses.
Our studio is made up of passionate and versatile designers who are constantly developing their wide skill sets and deepening their process knowledge. Our designers are skilled, confident, and multi-faceted, collaborating across all disciplines involved in product and service development.
But more than anything we are a team that looks after each other. We put the wellbeing of our designers at the heart of our culture. We empower our team through empathy, understanding and support. We advocate for this approach across the wider business and our clients.
The roleThe remit of a UX designer at Avanade is to apply a focused, human-centred approach to products and services, in order to create better experiences for people.
UX Designers work as part of a team, often consisting of other designers from different disciplines. Senior Analysts will usually have 1 to 3 years of human-centred design experience.
They approach briefs, challenges and opportunities by working on specific areas and shaping solutions within a holistic experience in mind.
- Begin to understand the elements your craft, in the context of design thinking
- Begin to develop your tool knowledge and proficiency
- Begin to engage in conversations with clients about your ideas and solutions
- Knowledge of design tools like Figma or Sketch
- Conducting research and summarising insights
- Opportunity / pain point mapping
- Persona creation
- Information architecture
- Workshop facilitation
- Journey mapping
- Visual design
- Design thinking methods
- Present your work internally in order to gather feedback and ideas
- Work independently with some supervision
- Assist in creating deliverables that tell a compelling story
- Work efficiently with careful attention to detail
- Show strong problem-solving skills; ability to explore multiple solutions
- Make valuable contributions to brainstorms & workshops
- Enhance your Avanade knowledge (Talent Communities, Solution Areas, Offerings, etc)
- A portfolio of work which demonstrates attention to detail, understanding of design principles, and creative solutions
- 1-3+ years’ experience of UX, Interaction Design and/or Visual Design across varied users, business problems, and devices.
- 1-3+ year of experience planning, designing, facilitating, and synthesizing workshops.
- 1-3+ years' experience with driving and applying user-centered design processes.
- 1+ years creating experience maps, user journeys, interaction models, flows, and wireframes.
- 1+ years' experience with rapid prototyping methods, ranging from paper sketching to digital prototypes.
- 1+ years' requirements gathering and communication between all design teams, workstreams and clients.