Location: Edinburgh, Greater London, Greater Manchester, Tyne and Wear, West Midlands
Job Type: Full time
As a UK Analytics Solution Architect, you will work with clients to identify, document, and translate their business strategy and requirements into solutions and services that help our clients achieve their business outcomes using AI & Analytics. Key to this role is that the individual will be an expert in selecting the optimal architecture and delivery approach that will service clients’ needs with a balance of costs, capability, and risks to achieve the business outcomes.
Based on the market demand for Data and AI solutions this role is critical for Avanade to create new business opportunities and grow existing clients. This role includes developing client roadmaps, program building, incorporating intelligent processes into existing business process, and solution planning that drives our clients desired business outcomes. The scope of solutions can include, diverse data (including IOT) and advanced analytics capabilities, such as data engineering, data modelling, machine learning, NLP, data interaction and visualization that are all powered by Microsoft Azure technologies. The successful individual will be a long-term trusted advisor to our clients to establish programs and system integration projects targeting business outcomes on a repeatable basis.
- Translate business requirements to technical solutions leveraging strong business acumen.
- Analyse current business practice, processes, and procedures as well as identifying future business opportunities for leveraging Microsoft Azure Data & Analytics PaaS Services and Databricks.
- Develop overall solution plans and strategic vision for data and analytics solutions, providing a comprehensive roadmap for clients’ needs.
- Develop solutions and author technical content, as part of a client tender process.
- Provide high-level architectural expertise to sales, project and other analytics teams.
- Provide thought leadership and demonstrate innovation, working in collaboration with the Data & AI Global Centre of Excellence team, in the development of our Azure Modern Data Platform offering.
- Identify risks, assumptions, and develop estimates end-to-end based on Solution Plans.
- Build relationships with Solution Architects and collaborate on promoting solution architectural best practices across the company.
- Provide solution oversight to delivery architects and teams.
Key Role Skills and Capability Requirements
- Proven client experience selecting architecture that services clients’ needs with the balance of costs, capability, and risk to meet clients’ business objectives.
- Demonstrated experience of turning business use case and requirements to technical solutions.
- Experience in business processing mapping of data and analytics solutions.
- Strong understanding of the value proposition(s) associated with AI, Data, PaaS, and DevOps.
- Proven experience architecting Azure Data Platforms using one or both of Microsoft Synapse and Azure Databricks.
- Experience constructing program journeys.
- Ability to conduct data profiling, cataloguing, and mapping for technical design and construction of technical data flows.
- The ability to apply methods to solve business problems using one or more Azure Data and Analytics services in combination with building data pipelines, data streams, and system integration.
- Experience successfully solutioning digital analytics programs and system integration projects across multiple work streams and geographically dispersed teams.
- People management responsibilities both directly and indirectly with globally dispersed teams.
- Passion for AI.
- Ability to establish relationships with peers virtually.
- Able to explain complex analytical methodologies and concepts in non-technical language.
- Experience design and solutioning Modern Data Platforms and solutions incorporating AI and Advanced Analytics.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Experience partnering on analytics-related sales pursuits.
- Knowledge of modern big data architecture processing patterns (e.g. LAMBA, KAPPA, Delta)
- Able to talk knowledgeably and advise on different architectural approaches to building a Data Platform, e.g. Data Warehouse vs Data Lake vs Data Hub vs Data Mesh.
- Strong team collaboration and experience working with remote teams.
- Knowledge of DevOps processes (including CI/CD) and Infrastructure as code fundamentals.
- Experience of leading greater than 3Mn USD deal solutions
- Knowledge of Master Data Management (MDM) and Data Quality tools and processes. (preferably Profisee or Semarchy)
- Experience working with Customer Data Platform tools to provide identity resolution and customer 360, (preferably Amperity)
- One or more Data & AI specific Microsoft Azure Certifications ideally expert level (e.g. DP-900, AI-900, AZ-400, AZ-305, DP-100, DP-203, AZ-500))
- Any Databricks Academy Certifications
- You will likely possess a bachelor’s and/or Masters in a field such as Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Statistics, or Mathematics. An equivalent combination of education and experience will also suffice.
- You are likely to have about 8-10+ years of applied experience solutioning programs and system integration projects that include Modern Data Platform and Advanced Analytics, preferably in a business consulting (technology focus) environment or a combination of experience and relevant education.
Applications are only invited from candidates with the right to reside and work within the UK. Candidates should be willing to travel for the purposes of client delivery and collaborating with colleagues.
Avanade® is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We evaluate applicants without regard to race, colour, age, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability, veteran, military or marital status, genetic information or any other protected status.