Workplace Experience Advisory, Director UK
Location: Edinburgh, Greater London, Greater Manchester, Tyne and Wear, West Midlands
Job Type: Full time
Want to create value with digital and turn your ideas into human and business impact? So do we.
At Avanade Advisory, we are breaking apart the traditional process of setting strategies and goals first, then finding technologies to achieve them. In the digital age, there’s no time for that linear process. We partner with clients to accelerate value from digital innovation by being bold, imaginative – and fast. We think big and deliver personally. We passionately challenge, inspire, and support our clients and each other.
Want the agility and energy of a start-up, backed by the resources of Accenture, Microsoft, and the Center for Information Systems Research at MIT Sloan School of Management? Here you will find a team of people who thrive on turning ideas and innovations into breakthrough results for leading organisations around the world. Ultimately, we’re not just making business better. We’re making life better for our clients and their customers.
Avanade has developed a market-leading global Workplace Experience (WX) practice with a holistic approach including the workplace, the workforce and work itself, within industry and business contexts.
We create human-centric employee experiences that are sustained throughout the flow of work and the employee lifecycle. We also help organisations develop a cultural, organisational and leadership environment which enables highly engaged, high-performing distributed workforces to thrive.
We equip organisations for transformation by developing innovative, practical strategies to securely modernise cloud-based platforms, applications, analytics, operations, and the work environment.
And we rethink and reconfigure how works gets done. Blending and optimising the physical and digital work environment and reimagining LOB operations to improve work and business performance, using our industry expertise, creative design capabilities, and innovation services.
About the role
As the Workplace Experience (WX) Advisory Director for UK, you will be responsible for leading and growing the UK Advisory business. You will contribute to, and become a key member of, the WX Advisory and broader Avanade Advisory thought leadership workstreams working to further accelerate Avanade’s position in the market, responsible for executing our business strategy in UK. You will inspire our people and create an environment where they can flourish and deliver exceptional and game-changing work for our clients. You will champion the domain across both our clients and our internal business helping to deliver change and providing value for our clients and Avanade.
In the role, you will:
- Manage WX Advisory growth, pivot and performance (across the agreed KPI’s)
- Work with senior clients to identify their business problems and develop the right approach and strategy around all aspects of WX in partnership with other core business areas.
- Assist business development / sales activities by working closely with account and sales teams to ensure proposition and solution alignment, i.e., alignment across client expectations, contract, financials, solution, and capability to deliver
- Write complete project proposals including shaping the proposed solution, and collaborating with other Avanade teams and individuals to secure new client work
- Be the overall client liaison as part of the project teams on important projects when required, including the delivery of project based WX Advisory services
- Act as a mentor to guide the development of team members, ensuring they have a healthy work-life balance, supporting the identification and resolution of any problems and performance issues
- Develop and evolve future-focused workplace, workforce and work strategies, propositions and solutions
- Work with other parts of Avanade’s business including Marketing, Talent Acquisition, Learning & Development, Sales, Finance etc to support the growth of our business
- Leverage Accenture, Microsoft, and ISV partner solutions to increase industry specialism, extend our capabilities and improve our value to clients
You have a wealth of consulting-based experience, as well as experience of growing / developing teams and building a business. You have demonstrable skills in growing client intimacy both directly, and with business development teams to become a trusted advisor.
- Are a thought leader, able to balance the needs of present with those of the future. By understanding the evolution of work, you are able to construct an informed point of view on the future of work, ideally sharing your perspective across social media platforms and at industry events
- Have in depth experience including an understanding of the business drivers and requirements of one or more industry sectors
- Have a good understanding of different methodologies and delivery approaches and their relationship to delivering workplace innovation through continuous change models, including the role of insight and experience in managing and evolving strategies as part of an ongoing journey
- Have ideally developed and cultivated senior client relationships in Technology, HR and Line of Business domains
- Have experience shaping, selling, and overseeing workplace technology strategies and transformation programs
- Have proven experience, and a successful history selling and delivering in some or all of the following areas:
- Workplace technology ecosystem modernisation
- Workplace, workforce, employee experience or business strategy and transformation
- Operating model, and / or organisation design
- Work process / workflow automation & AI
- Workplace / workforce analytics and insights
- Future ways of working / transforming how work gets done
- Have earned a bachelor’s degree in a relevant field of study, or an equivalent combination of education and experience. An advanced degree or MBA is strongly preferred.
What we offer
Come for the distinctive experiences you have helping forward-thinking corporations, non-profits, and governments push the boundaries of digital innovation. Stay for the limitless learning opportunities that encourage you to Workplace Experience and pursue big ideas. Enjoy ambitious growth for yourself as part of Avanade’s people-first culture with benefits like employee share purchasing, flexible work arrangements, a commitment to diversity and inclusion, and competitive pay.