Advisory, Senior Consultant/Consultant - Cloud Transformation
Location: Edinburgh, Greater London, Greater Manchester, Tyne and Wear, West Midlands
Job Type: Full time
Want to create value with digital and turn your ideas into human impact? So do we.
There’s one in every group—the person who dreams big and has the motivation to bring their ideas to life, even as others might roll their eyes and prefer to play it safe. Are you that person? One who isn’t afraid to break the mould and who gets inspired by the power of digital to transform organisations and ways of working? Because we are building teams of people like that to help our clients unlock the power they need now and own what’s next.
At Avanade Advisory, we are breaking apart the traditional process of setting strategies and goals first, then finding technologies to achieve them. In the digital age, there’s no time for that linear process. We partner with clients to accelerate value from digital innovation by being bold, imaginative – and fast. We think big and deliver personally. We relentlessly challenge, inspire, and support our clients and each other.
Want the agility and energy of a start-up, backed by the resources of Accenture, Microsoft and the Center for Information Systems Research at MIT Sloan School of Management? Here you will find a team of people who thrive on turning ideas and innovations into breakthrough results for leading organisations around the world. Ultimately, we’re not just making business better. We’re making life better for our clients and their customers.
If that sounds like you, you sound good to us. Find your next opportunity at Avanade Advisory.
About the role
By joining the Technical Advisory practice, you'll have the opportunity to participate in Cloud and IT Strategy engagements advising clients at the highest strategic level with big-picture and tactical guidance on how technology enables a variety of business outcomes. You will possess outstanding analytical, interpersonal and creative thinking capabilities. You’ll be ambitious, enterprising and personable, possessing superb leadership qualities, that allows you to assume a substantive role in the Advisory Practice with an ability to scale over time.
The Cloud IT Strategy Advisory team provides strategic advice on how best to adopt and optimise Cloud in ways that align with a clients technology and business strategy and constraints and improve their business value. We deliver our broad range of Cloud advisory services through an integrated, collaborative approach between our clients and practitioners.
In this role, you will
Collaborate with Avanade’s management team and other senior client executives (C-levels, VPs, Directors) and assist our clients in defining their Cloud and technology strategies, investments and operating models to support their business priorities. As a successful Consultant/Senior Consultant, you will have the chance to:
- Conduct detailed analyses to understand and explain client problems and utilise standard consulting management skills such as facilitation, interviewing, gap analysis, etc.
- Identify, develop and document issues, perform analysis, draw conclusions and formulate strategic recommendations, with assistance with management team members.
- Build clear strategic roadmaps and supporting business cases that both delineate a broader end-game, while also prioritising quick wins with near-term measurable impact.
- Identify trends and strategies for Applications and Infrastructure solutions to meet client business, financial and technical objectives.
- Enthusiastically contribute towards industry specific offerings/ thought leadership development.
- Assist senior team members with sales efforts including development of client proposals and pitch mechanics.
- 3+ years of consulting or advisory experience with a focus on Applications and Infrastructure strategies.
- Interfacing with executive level clients, assessing their goals and objectives and the ability to translate ideas into strategic and practical solutions.
- Experience of delivering Cloud & Infrastructure projects e.g. CIO strategy & IT strategy, IT operating model, emerging technology transformation or cloud transformation assessments.
- Aptitude for critical and analytical thinking as well as the capacity to accept out-of-the box solutions.
- Experience discussing a wide range of strategic imperatives across functional, operational and technological issues.
What we offer you
Come for the distinctive experiences you have helping forward-thinking corporations, non-profits, and governments push the boundaries of digital innovation. Stay for the limitless learning opportunities that encourage you to master Microsoft and pursue big ideas. Enjoy ambitious growth for yourself as part of Avanade’s people-first culture with benefits like employee share purchasing, flexible work arrangements, a commitment to diversity and inclusion, and competitive pay.