Director - Business Strategy Operating Model OCM Lead
Location: Edinburgh, Greater London, Greater Manchester, Tyne and Wear, West Midlands
Job Type: Full time
Business Strategy Operating Model OCM Lead
Do you create change that reinvents organizations? So do we.
Change doesn't have to be hard. You make it look easy: leading teams, helping businesses picture their ideal destination, and guiding them through the journey. We'll connect you with the ambition, designs, people, tools and tech to make a real difference in our hybrid world.
You are a strategic thinker who understands what motivates people. You face uncertainty calmly and can guide a group with confidence. You love having oversight of the design and implementation of business change initiatives and are driven by realizing results. With your persuasive interpersonal skills and belief in the power of change, you get everyone excited about moving in a new direction. You prioritize what's important, focus on the positives, and know what it takes for companies to leap forward.
About the Role
The Operating Model OCM Lead role shapes and manages the overall change strategy for critical aspects of Avanade’s future operating model. This role will work with our Business Strategy Operating Model Lead, Growth Office Leadership and Area/Region change networks to provide change management expertise and drive stakeholder engagement.
We expect a degree of flexibility regarding the nature and types of roles undertaken, so a "lean in" attitude is imperative. While managing projects, you'll also mentor and support junior colleagues in their work. We'll count on your expertise to move the leaders and teams forward to accelerate change.
Plan, design, develop, implement, and evaluate organizational design effectiveness, change management initiatives, processes, and interventions, and provide direction, advice, and counsel to team members of all levels.
Operating Model Change Management
- Lead development of a comprehensive change and transition strategy, including plans to support change and transition activities and outcomes that engage leadership
- Build the required relationships with various functional and department leaders to identify organizational and talent design needs, and work collaboratively to support continuous organizational effectiveness
- Articulate the desired future-state and then help imagine, build, and sustain the transformation journey map to realize that vision
- Identify relevant stakeholders and enable leadership to implement an effective change process
- Define and own Change Experiences and Success Factors and change milestones, including a listening strategy
- Ensure the effective design, development, delivery, and management of communications, working with Internal Communications leads as needed
- Work with the Program Benefits Tracking lead and Area Change Leads to articulate and track business change benefits
- Provide input, document requirements, and support the design and delivery of training programs in partnership with Learning & Development
Release Change Support
- Conduct impact analyses, assess change readiness and manage key stakeholders
- Create release change plans as input into the broader quarterly Business Strategy change and transition plan
- Assess business and organizational readiness and take action to mitigate change-resistant behaviors
- Work with functional leaders and region General Managers to support the activation of change activity, implementation of initiatives and tracking of benefits
- Leverage the Business Strategy Transformation Hero Network (Change Agents) as needed in change planning, focus groups, implementation, etc.
Operational Performance and Delivery Excellence
- Leverage internal methodologies to lead change management activities
- Apply templates to assess the impact of change on organizations, using assessments of organizational culture, performance and readiness for change
- Serve as trusted advisor and strategic change management expert to Business Strategy workstream teams and executive sponsors
- Establish change-success measures, metrics and monitoring
- Coach and support others in the organization to execute their unique roles during change
- Work closely with the Global Ambition 2025 Change, Communications and Content Leads and Global Growth Office to shape the change strategy and guide its implementation
- Provide advice, guidance, and coaching to Leadership Teams around change leadership (where needed)
- 8 years+ of enterprise change management experience, experience with employee experience redesign and/or organizational design a plus
- Change management certification or designation desired; Prosci Certification a plus
- Excellent communication skills, including the ability to communicate complex strategic concepts to a variety of audiences through narrative and storytelling skills
- Strong analytical and statistical skills
- Ability to influence, coach and guide leaders where needed
What we offer you
Come for the distinctive experiences you have helping forward-thinking corporations, non-profits, and governments push the boundaries of digital innovation. Stay for the limitless learning opportunities that encourage you to master Microsoft and pursue big ideas. Enjoy ambitious growth for yourself as part of Avanade’s people-first culture with benefits like employee stock purchasing, flexible work arrangements, a commitment to diversity and inclusion, and competitive pay.
You’ve got this!