Front End Developer
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
Avanade is looking for a Front-End Developer to join our design team in the London Digital Studio.
What we do
We are a global studio committed to making a measurable impact for our clients, their customers, and their workforce. We work across the entire product lifecycle, from visioning and discovery, validating propositions to launching products and services that are valuable to both users and businesses.
More than anything we are a team that looks after each other. We put the wellbeing of our team members at the heart of our culture. We empower through empathy, understanding and support. We advocate for this approach across the wider business and our clients.
Our developers work alongside the User Experience and Visual Design team and other technologists to realise the unique experiences that we create for our clients. The Front-End Development Team craft beautiful modern user interfaces that are performant and accessible.
- Bring concepts and designs for responsive, modern user-facing web applications to life.
- Consistently develop and deliver high-quality, low defect features on schedule
- Configure, build, and test web applications using modern technologies and approaches
- Collaborate closely with other developers, designers, and other technologists to ensure that your output meets both the UX, visual and technical design requirements
- Develop proof-of-concepts and prototypes that consist of graphics, data visualizations, icons and colour schemes that are visually appealing, responsive, and accessible.
We’d like you to have:
- Experience following and understanding best practices for developing web applications
- Experience working closely with UX and visual design teams
- Rich understanding of HTML semantics, modern CSS and pre-processors
- Solid project experience in leveraging UI libraries such as Bootstrap
- Practical knowledge about different testing approaches and tools (Unit testing, e2e testing, BDD, TDD)
- Exposure to cloud computing, preferably Azure, with working understanding of the key concepts
- Experience setting up and managing CI/CD pipelines for front-end projects in Azure DevOps and/or GitHub actions
- Worked in a scrum environment.
- Enjoy learning new technologies and staying up to date with the latest trends and modern development.
- Experience being a team player, who works collaboratively, and brings a positive attitude
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, and you can communicate information to technical and non-technical stakeholders alike.
- Present internally with confidence and a strong point of view
- Work independently with minimal supervision
- Make a successful deliverable that tells a compelling story
- Work efficiently with careful attention to detail
- Show strong problem-solving skills; ability to explore multiple solutions
- Make valuable contributions to brainstorms & workshops
Core Technology Stack:
- HTML 5
- Angular 2+