Europe Corporate Communications Director
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
The Europe external communications director plays a critical role in building Avanade’s brand across our 16 European markets and positioning the company as a leading provider of innovative Microsoft solutions; a responsible business building a better future for everyone; and a great place to build a career, with a diverse and inclusive culture.
This role is responsible for driving the external communications strategy for Avanade’s Europe business, providing counsel to the Europe Area President and her leadership team, managing and coordinating external communications activity with the Area and country marketing leads, and working closing with the global external communications team to deliver a deliver a joined-up program with demonstrable results.
Specifically, this role is responsible for:
Generating tier 1 media coverage by working with business and marketing leads to mine stories and create compelling assets which will resonate strongly across media markets and position Avanade as:
A leading thinker and provider of innovative technology solutions that enable businesses to solve their toughest challenges.
A responsible business making a genuine human impact for our clients and their customers
A sustainable business focused on building a better future for our planet
A top employer providing rewarding careers for the best and brightest talent
Overseeing and managing the budget for Avanade’s network of European PR agencies and freelancers and working with Europe marketing leads (who directly manage agencies) to report consistently on PR activity and successes and share best practices across the region.
Specifically, in the UKI, working directly with relevant media to secure opportunities for coverage.
Driving engagement across Avanade’s social media landscape with audiences including clients, potential clients, partners, Avanade’s parents (Accenture and Microsoft), employees, potential employees and influencers.
Supporting the global analyst relations team with “on the ground” management of local analyst engagements, including participation in Europe-focused rated analyst reports.
The successful candidate will have a proven ability to work equally well as part of a team and as an individual leader, with strong executive presence, providing SME support and guidance to both business leaders and marketing colleagues.
They will have demonstrable experience in developing, managing and executing strategic projects and programs from creation to execution, seeking out news opportunities and delivering strong, measurable results.
They will also be comfortable working in ambiguous situations while managing multiple stakeholders both within Avanade Europe and across its parent organizations, Accenture and Microsoft.
The role requires a highly organized individual to manage Avanade’s PR agency network as well as multiple internal and external stakeholders and suppliers in a very fast-paced environment.
Well-established relationships with UKI business and technology media will be highly beneficial.
- 15+ years of PR/AR experience, agency background preferred; experience within enterprise technologies and consulting services industry helpful.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, communications, public relations or related discipline
- Experience independently conceptualizing, building and executing end-to-end external communications campaigns that align with business objectives, can integrate with other marketing programs, and produce significant results
- Experience managing and coaching C-level executives in media interviews, analyst briefings and other externally focused activities
- The ability to build rapport, influence, and deepen relationships with cross-functional team members
- Established relationships with journalists and influencers, and experience with industry analyst relations
- Experience developing and managing social media strategies and activities,both as standalone programs as well as part of integrated external communications campaigns
- Working knowledge of Cision, Businesswire, and other PR/AR tools and applications an advantage
- Proficiency with budget, metric tracking (and reporting) and PR agency management
- Excellent verbal, written, presentation and problem-solving skills. Knowledge of AP style guide
- Strong and disciplined project management and process improvement capabilities.
- Self-starter and strong driver required; ability to work in a fast-paced environment with a think-on-your-feet attitude and the ability to juggle multiple priorities at the same time.
- Strategic thinker but strong execution required. Comfortable working in ambiguous situations.
- Industry organization (IIAR, CIPR) accreditation and membership preferred
- Develop and manage a strategic external communications plan for Avanade’s Europe business across 16 countries, through media, social media, analyst relations channels
- Work with Europe leadership and marketing professionals to identify compelling external story opportunities and develop multichannel execution strategies to maximize their impact
- Provide expert guidance and coaching to Europe leadership, business and marketing SMES on best practice external communications techniques and activities
- Collaborate with the global corporate communications team to repackage and deliver global content to Europe markets
- Manage and coordinate Avanade’s Europe PR agency network
- Work with country PR agencies and marketing professionals to identify and capitalize on local news opportunities, as appropriate
- Develop and track key performance indicators to report to the business (and global leadership) on a quarterly basis
- Collaborate and coordinate with Avanade’s alliance marketing team on joint external communications programs and project with Accenture and Microsoft