Corporate Communications Specialist
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
Together we go beyond.
We are looking for an experienced communications professional to join our UK & Ireland marketing team. As the Communications Consultant, you will be responsible for developing and executing comprehensive communications strategies to support the company's internal and external communications objectives. This position will work closely with the senior leadership team to ensure that messaging is consistent across all communications channels, and that employees and external stakeholders, including clients, the media, industry influencers, are engaged and informed about key company initiatives. Excellent writing skills is key as is experience working with different digital platforms and channels.
Reporting to the UK & Ireland Brand & Community Manager, the successful candidates will have experience working in a fast-paced, global company managing multiple projects, timelines, and stakeholder expectations. They must have a deep understanding of business priorities and drivers, and display flexibility and adaptability to drive results. The ability to manage multiple projects, timelines, and stakeholder expectations is critical. Relationships are key, so candidates must understand how to build consensus and communicate to different levels and diverse audiences .
- Develop and implement internal and external communication strategies that effectively communicate key company initiatives and objectives
- Create content for a variety of channels, including email, intranet, social media, and press releases
- Manage and maintain the Avanade’s brand messaging and style guide
- Coordinate with internal stakeholders to identify and develop key messages and stories for external communications
- Plan and execute employee engagement initiatives, such as town hall meetings, newsletters, and other internal communications
- Act as a trusted communications advisor for the UK & Ireland General Manager, and provide strategic guidance, counsel and support to other members of the UK & Ireland leadership team.
- Provide support to executives in developing and delivering speeches and presentations
- Develop and maintain relationships with key internal stakeholders, such as HR and Recruitment, to ensure that communications strategies are aligned with overall company objectives
- Monitor and report on the effectiveness of communication strategies and adjust as needed
Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in Communications, Public Relations, Journalism, or related field
- 4+ years of experience in internal and external communications, preferably in a corporate environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with a proven ability to create compelling content
- Strong project management skills, with the ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with cross-functional teams and manage relationships with external partners
- Knowledge of current communication trends, including digital and social media platforms
- Experience working with digital channels and platforms to engage employees, plus knowledge of Microsoft enterprise technologies, including Microsoft Office
- Strong executive presence, ability to work across global teams and manage multiple stakeholders both internally and externally
- Creativity to differentiate and make a greater impact
- Collaborative approach, working in partnership with area internal communications leads as well as regional marketing teams.
- Comfort working in ambiguous situations and ability to problem-solve
- Detail oriented: strong listening skills; pays high attention to detail and excels at editing/proof-reading.
Bachelor's degree in Communications, Public Relations, Journalism, or related field preferred.
You’ve got this!