Lead DevOps Engineer
Location: Edinburgh, Greater London, Greater Manchester, Tyne and Wear
Job Type: Full time
LEAD DEVOPS ENGINEER
At Avanade, we have a bold ambition to advance the world through the power of people and Microsoft, making a genuine human impact for our clients, our people, and our communities. We want to grow – as a business, in pushing the boundaries of innovation, as an employer that embraces diversity, as a positive force in people’s lives.
About the role
A DevOps Engineer at Avanade uses modern automation techniques and methods to streamline deployment activities and remove repetitive, manual process from production systems. The person can evaluate complex system deployment and integration processes and build solutions that automate them to reduce human error and cost. The goal is to help our customers remove cost, increase speed to market and continuously drive efficiencies.
Important Note: We are not able to accept applications from those requiring Visa/Work permit sponsorship. Applicants must already be eligible to live and work in UK.
In this role, you will support clients to analyse deployment processes and identify repetitive, manual elements that can be automated out. You will help design and build deployment pipelines and other automation solutions using a wide range of Microsoft and opensource tools. You will be a critical part of the automation team, ensuring that systems and services run smoothly, automatically, and too lower cost.
Day-to-day, you will:
- Translate business requirements to technical solutions leveraging strong business acumen.
- Analyse current deployment practices, processes and procedures as well as identifying future opportunities for further automation.
- Support the team’s toolsets, namely Azure DevOps, Kubernetes, and various RPA applications. Design and Build Modern Deployment Pipelines.
- Design and Build environments using Infrastructure as Code – using Terraform or ARM templates.
- Design and Build Desired State Configuration extensions.
- Develop RPA processes in Python.
- Implement effective metrics and monitoring processes.
Technical Experience required:
- Demonstrated experience of turning business use cases and requirements to technical solutions.
- Project experience in design, implementation, and/or support of Microsoft Azure based solutions.
- Hands-on experience with deep understanding in both traditional and modern deployment pipeline and automation concepts.
- Experience in at least 2 of the following languages: PowerShell, Python, C#, F#
- Experience in business processing mapping of deployment and other IT run processes.
- Experience in working with Docker and Kubernetes.
- Experience in two or more of the following: Azure ARM templates, Terraform, PowerShell DSC
- Experience in CI/CD using Azure DevOps
What we offer:
At Avanade, your development is central to us.
We value employees’ contributions, and we aim to provide a comprehensive package that supports their overall well-being. Avanade is committed to comprehensive benefit programs that support whatever stage of life you’re in, as well as rewarding outstanding performance with bonus pay. From
Here are some of the benefits of working at Avanade:
- Work-life balance: The company promotes flexible work arrangements, enabling employees to maintain a healthy balance between their professional and personal lives.
- Flexible Bank Holiday Policy
- Competitive compensation and benefits including salary, bonuses, private medical and dental cover, generous pension plan, Income Protection Policy and various employee assistance programs.
- 33 weeks full pay maternity leave, 2 weeks paternity leave.
- 80 hours per annum studying towards Microsoft Certifications
- A dedicated Career Advisor to coach you and support your progression within the company.
- Avanade University – real-time access to technical and skilled resources globally.