Senior Production Engineer / Production Engineer
BAE Systems UK
Job Type: Not Specified
Job Title: Senior Production Engineer / Production Engineer
Location: Rochester, Kent
Salary: Up to £45,000 per annum (depending on experience and skillset)
What you’ll be doing:
- Work within one of our Integrated Product Teams supporting Engineering and our shop floor Technicians
- Create and improve processes and procedures to ensure efficient and effective manufacture of our products, including the use of PDM, ERP & MES tools to create assembly build instructions
- Design and implement jigs, tools and fixtures to ease the assembly of product by our Technicians
- Develop and maintain shop floor manufacturing lines, cells and equipment to provide a safe and lean manufacturing environment
- Lead continuous improvement initiatives within projects and across Operations to support the sites strategic objectives such as the adoption of industry 4.0 digital manufacturing
- Ensure program quality requirements are met through all aspects of the product lifecycle
- Support the resolution of quality issues through the structured application of problem solving and root cause analysis techniques
Your skills and experiences:
- Proven experience working in a manufacturing environment
- HNC/HND or above in a relevant engineering discipline, or equivalent qualification or experience
- Experience gained within an electronics or electro-mechanical environment would be highly advantageous
- Experience in the application of Continuous Improvement, Root Cause & Corrective Action techniques and Lean Manufacturing principles
- Working knowledge of industry standards such as ISO9001, EN9100, AS9145 and FAA regulations
You’ll receive benefits including a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. You’ll also have access to additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and employee discounts – you may also be eligible for an annual incentive.
Our Quality, Production and Manufacturing Team:
Would you like the opportunity to work in a challenging role that combines Manufacturing, Production and Quality engineering responsibilities?
This is a key role that will suit those with an interest in manufacturing within an exciting aerospace and defence manufacturing environment.
This multi-disciplined role will allow you to Design, Implement, Monitor and Maintain the manufacturing systems and processes necessary to ensure product quality meets all our customer requirements.
Within the role you will work as part of a multi-functional team supporting a product family within the operations organisation.
Why BAE Systems?
This is a place where you’ll be able to make a real difference. You’ll be part of an inclusive culture that values diversity, rewards integrity, and merit, and where you’ll be empowered to fulfil your potential. We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and particularly from sections of the community who are currently underrepresented within our industry, including women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities and LGBTQ+ individuals. We also want to make sure that our recruitment processes are as inclusive as possible. If you have a disability or health condition (for example dyslexia, autism, an anxiety disorder etc.) that may affect your performance in certain assessment types, please speak to your recruiter about potential reasonable adjustments.
Please be aware that many roles working for BAE Systems will be subject to both security and export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and your place of birth may limit those roles you can perform for the organisation.