Product Environment Manager
BAE Systems UK
Location: South Gloucestershire
Job Type: Not Specified
Job Title: Product Environment Manager
Salary: Up to £46,420 (depending on experience and qualifications)
What you’ll be doing:
- Supporting the programme of work for PE management activities and development of documentation
- Attending internal and external meetings on Product Environment as required. Keeping up to date in relevant technical areas, developing skills and capabilities to be able to provide more effective services and supply environmental support and expertise to others as required
- Managing assigned work programme and liaising with Principal Environmental Engineer on environmental reporting
- Maintaining awareness of legislation as applicable to our products
- Understanding environment assessments for equipment, systems and platforms
Your skills and experiences:
Environmental Engineers at all levels should possess an academic qualification in Environmental Science or other related environmental management subjects as well as specific (either academic or professional) qualifications and become members of an appropriate recognised professional institution and work towards becoming Chartered Environmentalists. Environmental Engineers are encouraged and will be supported, to achieve the relevant accreditation. Preference will be given to candidates who are already professionally registered.
- Ideally degree qualified, likely to be in an environmental or related discipline
- Experience in environmental management
- Meet the requirements for registration as practitioner Member of IEMA
- Experienced in a multi-disciplined engineering environment
- Good knowledge of environmental legislation and environmental management techniques
- Knowledge of the Defence/Maritime product environmental management
You’ll receive benefits including a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. You’ll also have access to additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and employee discounts – you may also be eligible for an annual incentive
The Product Environmental team:
As a part of the Product Environmental team, you will assist in the implementation of a product environmental management system for one or more of our warship design and build programmes. You will deliver legislative compliance and environmental assessment and management to minimise the environmental impacts through life as well as engage with the design engineering teams as related to our products.
Why BAE Systems?
This is a place where you’ll be able to make a real difference. You’ll be part of an inclusive culture that values diversity, rewards integrity, and merit, and where you’ll be empowered to fulfil your potential. We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and particularly from sections of the community who are currently underrepresented within our industry, including women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities and LGBTQ+ individuals. We also want to make sure that our recruitment processes are as inclusive as possible. If you have a disability or health condition (for example dyslexia, autism, an anxiety disorder etc.) that may affect your performance in certain assessment types, please speak to your recruiter about potential reasonable adjustments.
Please be aware that many roles working for BAE Systems will be subject to both security and export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and your place of birth may limit those roles you can perform for the organisation