Supply Chain Manager
BAE Systems UK
Job Type: Not Specified
Job Title: Supply Chain Manager
Location: Barrow-in-Furness. We offer a range of hybrid and flexible working arrangements – please speak to your recruiter about the options for this role.
What you’ll be doing:
- Managing a team of supply chain professionals in the development and management of Major Sub-Contracts
- Delivering the product/service by ensuring that direct reports have purpose and clarity and are empowered to meet key delivery targets within an acceptable timescale and budget
- Helping to deliver key strategies, policies and procedures that enhance build delivery, product quality and customer satisfaction
- Working cross functionally within an Integrated Project Team (IPT) to ensure achievement of key knowledge transfer and deployment of best working practices across the business
- Managing behaviours to ensure they are conducive to the required business culture, maintaining a united and professional image
- Managing and delivering own contracts in conjunction with internal stakeholders. Developing Supplier Relationships, Cost Reduction Opportunities, Innovation and Performance Improvement
Your skills and experiences:
- Procurement and Supply Chain Experience
- Flexibility to support business requirements including travel and visits to key suppliers
- People Management skills & supporting challenging stakeholders
- Wider supply chain experience including Material management
- Commercial experience would be advantageous due to the current stage of the lifecycle
The Submarine Supply Chain Procurement team:
Working as part of a team who are responsible for all procurement activities across the submarine programme. This role will be focussing on People, Process and Tools, helping shape the Procurement Team utilising innovative tools, change management techniques to influence the and the direction this team goes.
You’ll receive benefits including a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. You’ll also have access to additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and employee discounts – you may also be eligible for an annual leave incentive.
Why BAE Systems?
This is a place where you’ll be able to make a real difference. You’ll be part of an inclusive culture that values diversity, rewards integrity, and merit, and where you’ll be empowered to fulfil your potential. We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and particularly from sections of the community who are currently underrepresented within our industry, including women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities and LGBTQ+ individuals.
We also want to make sure that our recruitment processes are as inclusive as possible. If you have a disability or health condition (for example dyslexia, autism, an anxiety disorder etc.) that may affect your performance in certain assessment types, please speak to your recruiter about potential reasonable adjustments.”
Please be aware that many roles working for BAE Systems will be subject to both security and export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and your place of birth may limit those roles you can perform for the organisation.