Air - I.T Security Auditor
BAE Systems UK
Job Type: Not Specified
Air - IT Security Auditor
We offer a range of hybrid and flexible working arrangements - please speak to your recruiter about the options for this particular role.
Salary: up to £35 000 (depending on experience)
What you’ll be doing:
- Working with the Team Leader to promote a mind-set of secure IT systems and practices transferring knowledge of security standards and processes to the wider user community.
- Supporting system accreditation activities, maintaining accreditation documents in line with identified changes to the organisation threat profile ensuring stakeholder satisfaction.
- Ensuring all activity and compliance audits on systems and processes are completed within specified timescales; all documentation updated accordingly so to ensure regulatory compliance.
- Assisting with the compilation of system security plans; standard operating procedures and work instructions; ensuring all F35 Training system components are installed, configured, secured, operated, maintained, and disposed of in line with pre-defined security policies, practices and procedures as specified in the security plan.
- Provide security administration support to the training community including (but not limited to): media and hardware control; inventory coordination; physical escorting of personnel; physical checks of relevant test and IT equipment; delivery of the End User Security training packages; providing general customer, staff and student support relating to cyber security and Information Assurance (IA).
- Contribute to the management of any changes to the logical and physical technology so that security considerations are understood and ensure the approved security environment is maintained or enhanced with all changes recorded accordingly.
Your skills and experiences:
- You will hold a Developed Vetting (DV) clearance or must be willing to go through the process to obtain one.
- CompTIA Security Plus certified. If not held, we will support you to achieve the CompTIA Security Plus certification post-employment.
- Knowledge of backend IT system functions.
- Experience in using commercial auditing tools such as SPLUNK, Event Log Analyser (ELA), Windows Event Viewer, McAfee etc.
- Knowledge of the Risk Management Framework (RMF), JSP 440, NIST or US DoD regulations, security policies, technical security safeguards and operational security measures.
You’ll receive benefits including a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. You’ll also have access to additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and employee discounts – you may also be eligible for an annual incentive.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a dynamic team in the UK’s F35 training facility based at RAF Marham.
This role is ideally suited to individuals with an IT background and are looking to move into their first cyber security / Information Assurance role. The percentage of auditing to hands-on technical role has been deemed at around 80% Auditing and 20% Technical.
There will be a requirement to participate in a flexible working rota/shift. The working shift is likely to cover the period between 07:00 and 23:00 Mon – Fri.
Why BAE Systems?
This is a place where you’ll be able to make a real difference. You’ll be part of an inclusive culture that values diversity, rewards integrity, and merit, and where you’ll be empowered to fulfil your potential. We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and particularly from sections of the community who are currently underrepresented within our industry, including women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities and LGBTQ+ individuals. We also want to make sure that our recruitment processes are as inclusive as possible. If you have a disability or health condition (for example dyslexia, autism, an anxiety disorder etc.) that may affect your performance in certain assessment types, please speak to your recruiter about potential reasonable adjustments.”
Please be aware that many roles working for BAE Systems will be subject to both security and export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and your place of birth may limit those roles you can perform for the organisation.