SHE / Operations Training Co-Ordinator
BAE Systems UK
Location: Tyne and Wear
Job Type: Not Specified
Job Title: SHE / Operations Training Co-Ordinator (12 Month Fixed Term Contract)
Location: Washington, Tyne & Wear (on site)
What you’ll be doing:
This role creates a service that ensures the site is compliant in all statutory mandatory training requirements as well as the recording of on-the-job training Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) and is the point of contact for audit purposes.
- Managing and maintenance of the training matrix
- Producing annual training needs analysis and budget forecast
- Creating management reports to all key stakeholders regarding the training activity and compliance to KPI’s
- Managing training providers whilst on site
- Populating safety scorecard metrics
- Attending and maintaining the monthly SHE Review activities/actions
- Providing support to operations in the coordination/provision/recording of personnel training, with scope to deliver internal training and support the SHE functions
- Delivering associated induction training against plan
Your skills and experiences:
- Good planning, organisation and prioritisation skills with high attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal, appropriate to the audience)
- Strong IT skills including Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint)
- Experience of working in a training function / role, and a commitment to maximising learning opportunities
- Training qualification PTTLS or similar
- SHE qualification IOSH or above
As a SHE / Operations Training Co-Ordinator you will have a great opportunity to join the team for an initial 12-month period with a view to looking at other opportunities at the end of the contract with lots of scope across the wider BAE business.
Our employees receive an excellent benefits package which includes a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. We also offer a range of additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and many local and national employee discounts. Some employees may also be eligible for an annual incentive.
Our Land UK Team:
BAE Systems Land UK collects together a unique combination of experience, knowledge, tools and processes to deliver world-class products and next generation systems technology. We have a proven track record in supporting military forces in operational environments, providing ammunition solutions to markets around the world.
Why BAE Systems?
This is a place where you’ll be able to make a real difference. You’ll be part of an inclusive culture that values diversity, rewards integrity, and merit, and where you’ll be empowered to fulfil your potential. We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and particularly from sections of the community who are currently underrepresented within our industry, including women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities and LGBTQ+ individuals. We also want to make sure that our recruitment processes are as inclusive as possible. If you have a disability or health condition (for example dyslexia, autism, an anxiety disorder etc.) that may affect your performance in certain assessment types, please speak to your recruiter about potential reasonable adjustments.
Please be aware that many roles working for BAE Systems will be subject to both security and export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and your place of birth may limit those roles you can perform for the organisation.