Senior Engineer - Product Assurance (Safety)
BAE Systems UK
Job Type: Not Specified
Job title: Senior Engineer - Product Assurance (Safety)
Location: Barrow-in-Furness, We offer a range of hybrid and flexible working arrangements – please speak to your recruiter about the options for this particular role.
What you’ll be doing:
- Provision of Product Safety management, design and analysis expertise in support of business objectives
- Provide specialist Product Safety advice to other business functions in the delivery of their corporate/ business Product Safety objectives
- Delivery of independent Product Safety assurance evidence through Life Cycle Management.
- The identification and promotion of Product Safety related information for learning and sharing
- Technical report writing
Your skills and experiences:
- Science Technology Engineering Mathematics (STEM) Degree or equivalent or appropriate experience
- Demonstrable knowledge and experience of Product Safety management systems with the ability to analyse complex problems and identify the most critical issues
- Demonstrable knowledge of the design, manufacturing, assembly, commissioning, and testing submarine lifecycle phases is desirable
- Experience in producing safety case documentation is desirable
You’ll receive benefits including a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. You’ll also have access to additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and employee discounts – you may also be eligible for an annual leave incentive.
The Product Safety (Assurance) team:
The successful candidate will be part of a small team working in the Engineering Product Assurance Department. While not working directly for any of the major projects they will interface with all of them at different points in the lifecycle.
Why BAE Systems?
This is a place where you’ll be able to make a real difference. You’ll be part of an inclusive culture that values diversity, rewards integrity, and merit, and where you’ll be empowered to fulfil your potential. We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and particularly from sections of the community who are currently underrepresented within our industry, including women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities and LGBTQ+ individuals.
We also want to make sure that our recruitment processes are as inclusive as possible. If you have a disability or health condition (for example dyslexia, autism, an anxiety disorder etc.) that may affect your performance in certain assessment types, please speak to your recruiter about potential reasonable adjustments.”
Please be aware that many roles working for BAE Systems will be subject to both security and export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and your place of birth may limit those roles you can perform for the organisation.