Senior Cyber Security Analyst
BAE Systems UK
Location: Akrotiri and Dhekelia
Job Type: Not Specified
Job title: Senior Cyber Security Analyst
Location: Portsmouth Naval Base, travel to site when required. We offer a range of hybrid and flexible working arrangements
Salary: up to £59,000 dependent on skills and experience
What you’ll be doing:
- Seeking improvement opportunities within security deliverables, driving cost improvement and reduction whilst maintaining security good practice aligned to business risk appetite
- Ensuring compliance with the relevant company standards, leveraging other appropriate contracted standards and government frameworks such as NIST, ISO27001, Cyber Essentials Scheme.
- Facilitating open communication and discussion between stakeholders to capture security information and provide subject matter expert advice and support
- Advising on appropriate quality management techniques and standards, ensuring projects, teams and functions have appropriate practices in place meeting organisational quality levels
- Developing corporate policy, standards and guidelines adhering to policies and standards through expert advice and guidance ensuring architectural principles are applied, requirements are defined and rigorous security testing
- Have an Awareness of environmental and market trends to pro-actively assess impact on business strategies, benefits and risks
- Taking responsibility for the management of all vulnerability testing activities within the organisation, initiating improvements to test processes and capabilities and assesses suppliers' development
- Maintaining an awareness of global needs of the group and promotes the benefits that a common approach to security will bring to the group as a whole
- Being responsible for major aspects rof network specifications and design within the organisation, producing network design policies, covering connectivity, capacity, interfacing, security, resilience, recovery, access and remote access
Your skills and experiences:
- Significant IT Security experience ideally gained working in the defence industry / highly regulated industries
- Possess an awareness of NIST 800 series and ISO270001
- Experience with formulating and reviewing reports using information to make business decisions on IT security changes
- IT Systems accreditation procedure knowledge / experience of managing systems through defence related accreditations
- Relevant vocational qualification or equivalent experience e.g. HNC / Prince 2 Foundation / Computer Science Degree
You’ll receive benefits including a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. You’ll also have access to additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and employee discounts – you may also be eligible for an annual incentive.
The Infrastructure team:
This is a new team looking at the IT security across Maritime Services, which will involve working on systems which are classified, and sensitive.
Within the team you will be leading a team of 2 analysts, contributing to the overall information security programme development, facilitating decision, planning and implementation of information security controls.
You will be reporting into the Maritime Services IM&T Security Operations Lead, and working with the line management function, Security Incident Governance Lead and design authority.
This role will provide you with a position where no two days the same, and you will also have the opportunity to advance within the area and wider business.
Why BAE Systems?
This is a place where you’ll be able to make a real difference. You’ll be part of an inclusive culture that values diversity, rewards integrity, and merit, and where you’ll be empowered to fulfil your potential. We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and particularly from sections of the community who are currently underrepresented within our industry, including women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities and LGBTQ+ individuals. We also want to make sure that our recruitment processes are as inclusive as possible. If you have a disability or health condition (for example dyslexia, autism, an anxiety disorder etc.) that may affect your performance in certain assessment types, please speak to your recruiter about potential reasonable adjustments.”
Please be aware that many roles working for BAE Systems will be subject to both security and export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and your place of birth may limit those roles you can perform for the organisation.