Senior Engineer - Marine Engineering
BAE Systems UK
Job Type: Not Specified
Job title: Senior Engineer - Marine Engineering
Location: Broad Oak and Bristol - Hybrid options available depending on the business needs
Salary: Up to £46 420 depending on qualifications and experience
What you’ll be doing:
- Perform appropriate engineering planning and manage all technical outputs allocated to systems within their responsibility to progress the tasks identified in the
- Ensure that the quality of outputs in responsibility is to the required level, whilst providing technical oversight of deliverables.
- Provide specialist technical input to key areas of the design to ensure the suitability of solutions adopted and that all technical risks and opportunities are captured.
- Check all information, as defined in the Quality Plan, contract specification and regulatory issues (e.g., Lloyd Rules, Def Stan etc., Naval Authority, use of ANEP 77)
Provide Progress Reports for allocated work packages, ensuring that the agreed scope is delivered within budget.
- Support the Principal engineer as the specialist point of contact with customers and/or suppliers in assigned areas on engineering matters, to resolve problems and issues and to maintain awareness in both parties of priorities and objectives.
- Prepare specifications, develop designs in line with specifications and all quality and technical standards, and carry out design appraisals in assigned areas to ensure all standards are maintained.
Your skills and experiences:
- Awareness of Life Cycle Management reviews of bids and programmes
- Experience in the design, build, and integration of Naval ships or related industries.
- Experience in Mechanical Systems for marine applications
- Understands how marine engineering integrates into other technologies and products
- Commercial Awareness
- Degree in design engineering – or relevant experience
Engineers at all levels should possess an academic qualification in Engineering or other related STEM subjects as well as specific (either academic or professional) qualifications and become recognised as Incorporated or Chartered Engineers through an appropriate recognised professional institution. Engineers are encouraged, and will be supported, to achieve the relevant accreditation. Preference will be given to candidates who are already professionally registered
You’ll receive benefits including a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. You’ll also have access to additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and employee discounts – you may also be eligible for an annual incentive.
The Future Projects team:
As a part of Future Projects team, you will have opportunity to develop future concepts and design of whole ship design in accordance with the ship building strategy. You will also be involved in bidding and designing aspects which allows you to be creative. This role will provide you with opportunity to grow within the business and within the team and wider BAE Systems.
Why BAE Systems?
This is a place where you’ll be able to make a real difference. You’ll be part of an inclusive culture that values diversity, rewards integrity, and merit, and where you’ll be empowered to fulfil your potential. We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and particularly from sections of the community who are currently underrepresented within our industry, including women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities and LGBTQ+ individuals. We also want to make sure that our recruitment processes are as inclusive as possible. If you have a disability or health condition (for example dyslexia, autism, an anxiety disorder etc.) that may affect your performance in certain assessment types, please speak to your recruiter about potential reasonable adjustments.”
Please be aware that many roles working for BAE Systems will be subject to both security and export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and your place of birth may limit those roles you can perform for the organisation.
At BAE Systems we are committed to supporting work life balance for all our employees and embrace a range of modern working practices, which aim to enhance flexibility for individuals whilst also enabling business performance. Flexibility provisions vary by role, but include hybrid working arrangements, flexible working patterns and shift working.