Data Engineer - Integrated Product Support
BAE Systems UK
Location: South Gloucestershire
Job Type: Not Specified
Job Title: Data Engineer- Integrated Product Support
Location: Portsmouth, Scotstoun or Filton - We offer a range of hybrid and flexible working arrangements - please speak to your recruiter about the options for this particular role.
Salary: Up to £49,700 dependent on skills and experience
What you’ll be doing:
- Entering Support data accurately within the project applications and conducting data audits to ensure data integrity and alignment
- Analysis of drawings and other documentation that accompany engineering change, capturing the necessary information within the toolsets so updated maintenance and technical documents can be deployed to end users.
- Query, analyse and verify data utilising ad-hoc query and reporting tools
- Investigating queries received by the programme from Customers and key stakeholders, producing coherent responses that satisfactorily close out the query ‘right first time’
- Applying system and process knowledge to analyse the impact of material from Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) suppliers on the support engineering datasets and populating the results.
Your skills and experiences:
- Engineering knowledge gained through practical experience in one or more relevant backgrounds: Maritime, Defence, Rail, Aerospace, Facilities Management, Oil and Gas, etc., and/or further education at Level 4, HND or degree.
- An ability to read and understand schematic diagrams and technical documentation.
- Good Microsoft office knowledge, in particular MS Excel.
- Experience in use of a Computerised Maintenance Management System (CMMS), preferably in the Maritime domain
- Previous Data Management experience, particularly a logistics database in a maritime or air domain.
- Knowledge of principles and/or experience in the application of Supportability Engineering would be advantageous (e.g., Defence Standards 00-60, 00-600 or commercial ASD standards).
You’ll receive benefits including a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. You’ll also have access to additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and employee discounts – you may also be eligible for an annual incentive
The Integrated Product Support/Integrated Logistic Support Team:
The Integrated Product Support (IPS)/Integrated Logistic Support (ILS) Team is core to the BAE Systems Maritime Services business scope.
As an IPS Data Engineer, you will be part of a large IPS organisation that will provide support and mentoring for your career development.
You will be working across platforms such as the Type 45 Destroyers, Type 26 Frigates and Global Combat Ship build and export programmes and the prestigious Queen Elizabeth Class Aircraft Carrier programme
The role will allow you to develop a breadth of experience in IPS systems and techniques, related to the generation, custody and exploitation of support data and the associated processes in relation to Maritime through life support programmes for both the Royal Navy and for export programmes across the world.