Engineer - CSC Outfitting
BAE Systems UK
Location: Glasgow City
Job Type: Not Specified
Job title: Engineer - CSC Outfitting
Location: Scotstoun – Hybrid working arrangements could be available depending on business needs
Salary: Up to £40,945 - dependent upon experience
What you’ll be doing:
- Update Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) Tool (Windchill) with mature parts, systems, occurrences, and compartment data to ensure it correctly presents the baseline design
- Prepare technical equipment specifications; develop designs in line with all specifications and standards and co-ordinate with suppliers to ensure delivery to the agreed specification
- Produce Procurement Pack documentation
- Co-ordinate with systems engineers and detail designers on the integration of Outfit systems
- Support HAZIDs and Safety Reviews
- Support Design Reviews and Zonal Reviews
- Liaise with customers and/or suppliers in assigned areas on engineering matters
- Contribute to engineering team decisions to support the effective performance of the team
- Answer technical queries about own work within their level of knowledge and competency
- Undertake general business and other design and integration activities, in support of maturing the design, as directed by Line Management
Your skills and experiences:
- Degree qualified likely to be in a Technology, Engineering or Science related discipline
- Good experience in engineering or a defence related industry
- Good Experience in an Outfit Ship Design environment.
- Strong understanding of Detail Design Requirements as immediate customer in Engineering Lifecycle
- Experience with CAD software like AutoCAD or FORAN is desirable
You’ll receive benefits including a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. You’ll also have access to additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and employee discounts – you may also be eligible for an annual incentive.
The Canadian Surface Combatant team:
As a part of Canadian Surface Combatant, you will carry out technical analyses and investigations, including evaluation and selection of technical options, and prepare reports with suggested recommendations to support the design of improvements. This role will provide you with opportunity to work on subject matter interesting long term project projects and as well career development with BAE Systems.
Why BAE Systems?
This is a place where you’ll be able to make a real difference. You’ll be part of an inclusive culture that values diversity, rewards integrity, and merit, and where you’ll be empowered to fulfil your potential. We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and particularly from sections of the community who are currently underrepresented within our industry, including women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities and LGBTQ+ individuals. We also want to make sure that our recruitment processes are as inclusive as possible. If you have a disability or health condition (for example dyslexia, autism, an anxiety disorder etc.) that may affect your performance in certain assessment types, please speak to your recruiter about potential reasonable adjustments.”
Please be aware that many roles working for BAE Systems will be subject to both security and export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and your place of birth may limit those roles you can perform for the organisation.