Senior Quality Inspector
BAE Systems UK
Job Type: Not Specified
Job Title: Senior Quality Inspector
Location: Barrow in Furness
What you’ll be doing:
- Carrying out as built surveys, analysis, and predictions of the product through the various stages of build using the latest 3D measuring software and equipment including Spatial Analyser, Laser Trackers, Photogrammetry, Portable CMM and Total station
- Undertaking Large volume metrology surveys of submarine structures and modules.
- Using as built data to predict component fit and to verify design intent
Your skills and experiences:
- NVQ 3 in a STEM related discipline (Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics) or equivalent A-levels, or relevant higher education qualification
- Surveying experience, or experience of measurement in a professional environment
- Experience or knowledge of Spatial Analyzer or other surveying or measurement software
- Ability to interpret technical drawings and CAD models
- Manufacturing experience
- Engineering and design experience
- Previous metrology knowledge and experience is beneficial
- Submarine/ heavy Engineering/ Aircraft build experience
You’ll receive benefits including a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. You’ll also have access to additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and employee discounts – you may also be eligible for an annual incentive
The Dimensional Control team:
As a part of Dimensional Control team, you will be involved in many different aspects of submarine build from design and build to commissioning. You will be instrumental from the early stages of build and work closely with Engineering and Operations to test and commissioning. This is an opportunity to start within BAE systems, focusing on the Dreadnought class of submarines in an already established team.
Why BAE Systems?
This is a place where you’ll be able to make a real difference. You’ll be part of an inclusive culture that values diversity, rewards integrity, and merit, and where you’ll be empowered to fulfil your potential. We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and particularly from sections of the community who are currently underrepresented within our industry, including women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities and LGBTQ+ individuals. We also want to make sure that our recruitment processes are as inclusive as possible. If you have a disability or health condition (for example dyslexia, autism, an anxiety disorder etc.) that may affect your performance in certain assessment types, please speak to your recruiter about potential reasonable adjustments.
Please be aware that many roles working for BAE Systems will be subject to both security and export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and your place of birth may limit those roles you can perform for the organisation