BAE Systems UK
Job Type: Not Specified
Job title: Planning Lead
Location: Barrow, Manchester and Frimley, we also offer a range of hybrid and flexible working arrangements
What you’ll be doing:
- Developing high-quality, integrated schedules from a defined scope of work in Primavera P6
- Working with Control Account Managers/Project Managers to ensure a range of stakeholders are involved in the development and approval of baseline schedules.
- Tracking progress against the project schedule and providing concise management information to support project decision making.
- Maintaining the quality of schedule data to a standard that enables related business processes and reporting (earned value management, estimate at completion).
- Providing planning and scheduling expertise in support of a project team or wider programme.
- Ensuring that own development is planned as is that of a small team whilst mentoring new and existing members of the planning team
Your skills and experiences:
- Prior professional planning experience in a complex project environment
- Strong communication and stakeholder management skills
- Strong working knowledge of Primavera P6 or other similar Planning/Scheduling software
- Wider project controls experience (earned value management, risk management)
- Experience across the project lifecycle (design, procurement, build, commissioning)
You’ll receive benefits including a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. You’ll also have access to additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and employee discounts – you may also be eligible for an annual incentive.
The Planning teams provide expert planning and schedule services to the programmes to enable to efficient build of Submarines. The environment is very dynamic and teams are assigned to specific areas of the Boat and will work closely with a range of stakeholders, both internally and externally to create plans, scopes of work, and maintain the schedule of work so that it is completed on time, to budget and specification. Planning supports project managers and control account managers and the teams will provide regular reports on progress, identify risks and opportunities and problem solve via collaboration with functions such as Engineering, Operations and Design.
Why BAE Systems?
This is a place where you’ll be able to make a real difference. You’ll be part of an inclusive culture that values diversity, rewards integrity, and merit, and where you’ll be empowered to fulfil your potential. We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and particularly from sections of the community who are currently underrepresented within our industry, including women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities and LGBTQ+ individuals. We also want to make sure that our recruitment processes are as inclusive as possible. If you have a disability or health condition (for example dyslexia, autism, an anxiety disorder etc.) that may affect your performance in certain assessment types, please speak to your recruiter about potential reasonable adjustments.”
Please be aware that many roles working for BAE Systems will be subject to both security and export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and your place of birth may limit those roles you can perform for the organisation.