Risk Management Lead
BAE Systems UK
Job Type: Not Specified
Job title: Risk Management Lead
Location: Barrow, Manchester and Filton, we also offer a range of hybrid and flexible working arrangements
What you’ll be doing:
- Leading on Risk Management support for a number of Projects within one of our major Programmes. Will be providing professional Risk and Opportunity management support for multiple Control Account Managers (CAM's) areas of responsibility;
- Working with multiple Control Account Managers (CAMs) to identify and manage risks, opportunities and Learning from Experience (LFE)
- Conducting schedule and cost modelling against risks and opportunities identified
- Working with the Programme Management Office (PMO) and CAMs to assign funding to risks and opportunities where appropriate
- Providing support to the Programmes PMO risk, opportunity and LFE reporting
- Integrating the risks, opportunities and LFE into the Programmes cost/finance and change processes, where appropriate
- Articulating Governance Metrics and interpreting them
- Establishing and improving a common set of processes and procedures for the processing and control of risk & opportunity and assumptions, exclusions and dependencies information to ensure consistency across all parties
- Supporting the integration of risk with schedule and cost respectively
Your skills and experiences:
- Capable of supporting resolution of problems and issues relating to risk and opportunity management
- Experience of working with stakeholders across multiple organisations, functions and grade structures and facilitating/influencing decision making at these levels
- Knowledge of risk & opportunity management techniques such as Schedule Risk Analysis (SRA), Cost Risk Analysis (CRA), risk & opportunity scenario modelling etc.
- Degree in Project Management or equivalent industry experience
- APM Project Management Qualification or equivalent
You’ll receive benefits including a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. You’ll also have access to additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and employee discounts – you may also be eligible for an annual incentive.
The team provide Risk and Opportunity management expertise to the Project Management function and wider business and programmes. You will work within one of our major Submarine build programmes to provide professional Risk management support to multiple control account managers. The team identify Risks and opportunities within the programmes and provide LFE support to facilitate change and improve process.
Why BAE Systems?
This is a place where you’ll be able to make a real difference. You’ll be part of an inclusive culture that values diversity, rewards integrity, and merit, and where you’ll be empowered to fulfil your potential. We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and particularly from sections of the community who are currently underrepresented within our industry, including women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities and LGBTQ+ individuals. We also want to make sure that our recruitment processes are as inclusive as possible. If you have a disability or health condition (for example dyslexia, autism, an anxiety disorder etc.) that may affect your performance in certain assessment types, please speak to your recruiter about potential reasonable adjustments.”
Please be aware that many roles working for BAE Systems will be subject to both security and export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and your place of birth may limit those roles you can perform for the organisation.