Cyber Security Assurance Specialist
BAE Systems UK
Job Type: Not Specified
Job title: Cyber Security Assurance Specialist
Location: Preston or Farnborough. We offer a range of hybrid and flexible working arrangements - please speak to your recruiter about the options for this particular role
Salary: Competitive, depending on skills and experience
What you’ll be doing:
- Working knowledge of IT Security risk assessment processes and ability to identify a proportionate set of IT Security controls aligned with business objectives
- Assessing of IT systems, services and security controls to provide an independent view of their compliance and effectiveness with BAE SYSTEMS Security Policy, Cyber Security standards and external regulatory requirements
- Assessing architectural designs to determine whether the relevant security controls have been identified aligned with business objectives, security requirements and mitigate risk
- Analysing, creating and compiling relevant assurance documentation to demonstrate the system / service compliance position, security controls aligned with risk mitigation(s) and applicable certification, accreditation and security requirements
- Stakeholder engagement; promoting a mind-set of developing secure systems, transferring knowledge of security standards / processes and acting as a subject matter expert (SME)
Your skills and experiences:
- Educated to degree level (or equivalent) preferably in a related discipline (ICT/Computing, Information assurance, risk management, vulnerability/threat assessment)
- CISMP, CompTIA (A+, Network+, Security+) / ISO/IEC 27001 Lead Implementer / Lead Auditor etc. – Desirable in one or more certifications
- Knowledge and experience of working within architecture frameworks
- Knowledge of information security standards, such as HMG, ISO 27001/18, NIST 800 etc
You’ll receive benefits including a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. You’ll also have access to additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and employee discounts – you may also be eligible for an annual incentive.
The Enterprise IT team:
The Enterprise IT Team provides IT services across the UK businesses and collaborates with colleagues in the US and Australia businesses on enterprise-wide services.
This role will provide you with the opportunity to gain enviable experience across a wide range of exciting and complex projects operating within one of the world’s leading global defence, security and aerospace companies.
Why BAE Systems?
This is a place where you’ll be able to make a real difference. You’ll be part of an inclusive culture that values diversity, rewards integrity, and merit, and where you’ll be empowered to fulfil your potential. We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and particularly from sections of the community who are currently underrepresented within our industry, including women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities and LGBTQ+ individuals. We also want to make sure that our recruitment processes are as inclusive as possible. If you have a disability or health condition (for example dyslexia, autism, an anxiety disorder etc.) that may affect your performance in certain assessment types, please speak to your recruiter about potential reasonable adjustments.”
Please be aware that many roles working for BAE Systems will be subject to both security and export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and your place of birth may limit those roles you can perform for the organisation.