Senior Commercial Officer
BAE Systems UK
Job Type: Not Specified
Job title: Senior Commercial Officer
Location: Portsmouth Broad Oak - We offer a range of hybrid and flexible working arrangements - please speak to your recruiter about the options for this particular role.
Salary: Up to £46,500
What you’ll be doing:
- Generating suitable NDA and teaming agreements in accordance with policy
- Carrying out day to day management and administration of bids (bid approvals/governance, preparation of quotes/proposals) and contracts with a wide customer base; supporting the Senior Commercial Manager with other domestic and international business; supporting SCO 1 during busy periods and during annual leave
- Negotiating proposals with potential customers and support to Supply Chain with flowdown of terms
- Working with the internal legal team and external legal advisors as required to ensure all contracts have the necessary legal input/governance
- Following receipt of customer order ensuring appropriate contract launch held with Project Delivery Team with input to monthly reporting cycle to ensure key contractual commitments met during project execution phase
- Following up activities to ensure inputs from others are received and progressed to conclusion
- Being customer focused; first time quality, accuracy and attention to detail; commitment to meet deadlines and targets; ability to work unsupervised and provide solutions for management consideration
- Being able to identify situations where new intellectual property is being generated and/or where issues may arise. This includes supporting the Senior Commercial Manager with drafting relevant agreements; championing awareness of intellectual property within the wider team; referrals to the Group IP&TL Team for consideration
Your skills and experiences:
- Practical and relevant work experience.
- An understanding of terms and conditions of contract law and intellectual property
- Good and broad professional knowledge of Commercial principles, techniques and practices and understands how Commercial roles fit in the organisation.
- Be able to influence others and provide sound logic for recommendations and decisions
- Knowledge of the UK Defence Sector and the ability recognise key players in the market and understanding of contracting terms is desirable
You’ll receive benefits including a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. You’ll also have access to additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and employee discounts – you may also be eligible for an annual incentive.
The Commercial team:
As part of our commercial team, you will provide commercial services and support to meet the operational needs of the business. Reporting to the Senior Commercial Manager this is a unique and exciting role that allows you to be a part of the business from the start as well as the wider Maritime Services Commercial Team and Digital Intelligence Commercial Team.
Why BAE Systems?
This is a place where you’ll be able to make a real difference. You’ll be part of an inclusive culture that values diversity, rewards integrity, and merit, and where you’ll be empowered to fulfil your potential. We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and particularly from sections of the community who are currently underrepresented within our industry, including women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities and LGBTQ+ individuals. We also want to make sure that our recruitment processes are as inclusive as possible. If you have a disability or health condition (for example dyslexia, autism, an anxiety disorder etc.) that may affect your performance in certain assessment types, please speak to your recruiter about potential reasonable adjustments.”
Please be aware that many roles working for BAE Systems will be subject to both security and export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and your place of birth may limit those roles you can perform for the organisation.