Senior Engineer - Combat Systems (ECS)
BAE Systems UK
Job Type: Not Specified
Job title: Senior Engineer – Combat Systems (ECS)
Location: Frimley, Bristol, Portsmouth or Weymouth
Salary: Up to £45,824 dependent on experience
This role will provide you with an exciting opportunity to influence the design of the very latest submarine class and play a key role within submarine communications. Working directly for the Senior Engineering manager and with the Product Technical Authority (TA(P)) you would be part of a dynamic high performing and delivery focused team, with wide ranging opportunity for personal and professional development. The External Communications team is committed to supporting the future aspirations of all its members.
What you’ll be doing:
- Supporting the Product Technical Authority (TA(P)) in being responsible for the technical acceptability (including technical assurance) of the submarine External Communications System (ECS)
- Supporting the capture of engineering requirements, ensuring developments are integrated, safe and fully compliant with performance and cost requirements and ensuring that the developed solution is clearly defined, configured and controlled.
- Supporting system design activities including: design reviews, boundary documents and interface documents
- Supporting final acceptance and assisting with the provision of Certificates of Design to meet Contractual and Regulatory requirements.
- Conducting Sub-Contract Design Reviews (SCDR)
- Supporting integrated performance and acceptance activities - including acceptance of equipment from sub-system suppliers and acceptance by the MoD customer.
- Supporting the evolving design solution with specialist support to other engineers and non-engineers within the Dreadnought, ECS and ICS teams.
Your skills and experiences:
- Engineering qualification or equivalent experience in an electrical/systems design bias
- Systems Design experience – electrical/mechanical
- Systems integration experience and technology readiness levels/System readiness levels
- Knowledge of the Engineering Life Cycle (ELC)
- Knowledge of the product lifecycle
You’ll receive benefits including a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. You’ll also have access to additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and employee discounts – you may also be eligible for an annual incentive.
The Integrated Combat Systems team:
As part of the Integrated Combat Systems Equipment Programmes Group, the External Communications team provides Project and Engineering Management authority for the procurement, delivery and proving of the Communications systems that are integrated within the Common Combat System on today’s fleet of Astute Class Submarines, Vanguard Class and the Future SSNR replacement Dreadnought Class. As a Senior External Communications Engineer, you will be part of the Dreadnought engineering team responsible for ensuring equipment is fit for purpose, meets functional and non-functional requirements and is safe, capable and assured meeting the demands of our customer and supporting the Submarine Flotilla commitments.
Why BAE Systems?
This is a place where you’ll be able to make a real difference. You’ll be part of an inclusive culture that values diversity, rewards integrity, and merit, and where you’ll be empowered to fulfil your potential. We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and particularly from sections of the community who are currently underrepresented within our industry, including women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities and LGBTQ+ individuals. We also want to make sure that our recruitment processes are as inclusive as possible. If you have a disability or health condition (for example dyslexia, autism, an anxiety disorder etc.) that may affect your performance in certain assessment types, please speak to your recruiter about potential reasonable adjustments.”
Please be aware that many roles working for BAE Systems will be subject to both security and export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and your place of birth may limit those roles you can perform for the organisation.