Field Service Engineer
BAE Systems UK
Location: United Kingdom
Job Type: Not Specified
Job title: Field Services Engineer
Location: Portsmouth. We offer a range of hybrid and flexible working arrangements - please speak to your recruiter about the options for this role.
Salary: Up to £42,530 dependent on experience
What you’ll be doing:
- Mobile support for Radar systems and associated equipment in the UK and overseas as required (including being on call)
- Answer technical queries about his/her work within their level of knowledge and competence.
- Raising risk assessments and method statements to cover work.
- Design and develop solutions to a range of common design situations and problems.
- Work as part of a team and under limited technical supervision.
- Adhere to quality procedures, with legislation and company policy.
- Communicate with internal and external Customers and with other functions.
Your skills and experiences:
- Broad Engineering knowledge, Field Services environment and of Health & Safety processes.
- Ability and willingness to gain further system knowledge via on-the-job training and formal courses.
- Experience of fault-finding, repair, and commissioning of complex electronic systems.
- Radar or sensor experience
- Driving Licence / Passport and willingness to travel when required.
- HNC in mechanical or electrical or equivalent in experience.
- Experience of mobile engineering environment
You’ll receive benefits including a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. You’ll also have access to additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and employee discounts – you may also be eligible for an annual incentive.
The Radar Support team:
As an experienced Field Services Engineer, you will work within the Radar Support team to provide Radar field support for Type 45 Destroyers, Type 23 Frigates, Queen Elizabeth Class Aircraft Carriers and future platforms, as well as engineering support for international projects, Submarines, Under Water Systems and provide Radar field support for land-based Radar systems in the UK and overseas.
There will also be full support from the team and the wider business to progress your career.
Why BAE Systems?
This is a place where you’ll be able to make a real difference. You’ll be part of an inclusive culture that values diversity, rewards integrity, and merit, and where you’ll be empowered to fulfil your potential. We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and particularly from sections of the community who are currently underrepresented within our industry, including women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities and LGBTQ+ individuals. We also want to make sure that our recruitment processes are as inclusive as possible. If you have a disability or health condition (for example dyslexia, autism, an anxiety disorder etc.) that may affect your performance in certain assessment types, please speak to your recruiter about potential reasonable adjustments.”
Please be aware that many roles working for BAE Systems will be subject to both security and export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and your place of birth may limit those roles you can perform for the organisation.