BAE Systems UK
Job Type: Not Specified
Job title: Project Manager – Complex Warship Modification
Location: Portsmouth Naval Base. We offer a range of hybrid and flexible working arrangements - please speak to your recruiter about the options for this role.
Salary: Upto £50,000 per annum dependant on experience
What you’ll be doing:
- Provide extensive knowledge of Project Management tools, techniques and practices within an engineering approach.
- Be able to resolve project related problems whilst predominantly following standardised procedures.
- Be accountable for the, performance and results of the team.
- Ensure essential procedures are followed based on own knowledge of Project Management
- Adapt own project plans and priorities to address resource and operational challenges
- Provide leadership for the Project Team
Your skills and experiences:
- Evidence/experience in the delivery of complex and large scale projects
- Ability to communicate and influence at all levels
- Excellent analysis and problem solving skills
- Previous experience in the delivery of Maritime projects specifically in the defence industry
- MS Projects / SAP / General MO Suite
You’ll receive benefits including a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. You’ll also have access to additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and employee discounts – you may also be eligible for an annual incentive.
The Warship Team
This is an excellent opportunity to join a strategically important project and play a key part in the successful delivery of a large scale Power and Propulsions Modifications / Upgrade on a complex Warship. You will have a high degree of attention to detail and strong stakeholder management skills – dealing with various stakeholders and engaging in the wider customer community (I.e. MoD). It’s an exciting time as the project is currently undergoing a huge change in the operational model and you will play a part in outlining and deciding on the direction in order to achieve improvements and the project overall.
Why BAE Systems?
This is a place where you’ll be able to make a real difference. You’ll be part of an inclusive culture that values diversity, rewards integrity, and merit, and where you’ll be empowered to fulfil your potential. We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and particularly from sections of the community who are currently underrepresented within our industry, including women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities and LGBTQ+ individuals. We also want to make sure that our recruitment processes are as inclusive as possible. If you have a disability or health condition (for example dyslexia, autism, an anxiety disorder etc.) that may affect your performance in certain assessment types, please speak to your recruiter about potential reasonable adjustments.”
Please be aware that many roles working for BAE Systems will be subject to both security and export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and your place of birth may limit those roles you can perform for the organisation.