Senior RF Design Engineer
BAE Systems UK
Job Type: Not Specified
.Job title: Senior RF Design Engineer
Location: Great Baddow (Chelmsford) or Cowes. We offer a range of hybrid and flexible working arrangements. Periods of work on-site will be required during certain phases of the project.
Salary: Up to £55,800 dependent on skills and experience
What you’ll be doing:
- Detailed RF circuit design including component selection, evaluation, simulation, schematic capture, and preparing guidance for PCB design teams
- Electromagnetic simulation and analysis
- Specification of bespoke procured hardware
- Design verification using a combination of simulation, analysis, and test techniques including support to EMC test houses and customer installations
- Generating design documentation and technical reports
- Interfacing with related disciplines including systems engineering, mechanical/thermal engineering, Integrated Logistics Support, Safety, Product Data Management, and manufacturing areas
- Adherence to Engineering Lifecycle and contributing to progress, peer, and design reviews
- Assisting in the development of higher-level system designs
- Supporting system integration activities
Your skills and experiences:
- A degree (or equivalent) in Electronic Engineering or strongly related subject or relevant work experience
- Experience of generating component level circuit design for introduction into volume production
- Experience of board-level RF design and/or Direct Digital Synthesis and high-power RF techniques
- Confident using RF test equipment
- Experience of design proving, integration, and defect resolution
You’ll receive benefits including a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. You’ll also have access to additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and employee discounts – you may also be eligible for an annual incentive.
The Radar Hardware team:
This is a technical role relating to the Radio Frequency (RF) aspects of hardware design. The Role Holder will apply a breadth of design expertise and knowledge to generate RF design solutions for both new products and technology insertions into legacy products. Be capable of generating detailed designs from concept to completion and addressing a range of engineering issues and responsible for all aspects of board-level and/or unit-level designs and their interfaces with higher levels
Why BAE Systems?
This is a place where you’ll be able to make a real difference. You’ll be part of an inclusive culture that values diversity, rewards integrity, and merit, and where you’ll be empowered to fulfil your potential. We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and particularly from sections of the community who are currently underrepresented within our industry, including women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities and LGBTQ+ individuals. We also want to make sure that our recruitment processes are as inclusive as possible. If you have a disability or health condition (for example dyslexia, autism, an anxiety disorder etc.) that may affect your performance in certain assessment types, please speak to your recruiter about potential reasonable adjustments.”
Please be aware that many roles working for BAE Systems will be subject to both security and export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and your place of birth may limit those roles you can perform for the organisation.