BAE Systems UK
Job Type: Not Specified
Job Title: Slinger
Salary: Up to £28,000 (depending on qualifications and experience)
What you’ll be doing:
- Ensuring compliance to all policies, procedures, standard operating practises, with recommendations for action and continuous improvement
- Ensuring all equipment, plant and accessories being used/operated are in test/examination date and in a safe, useable condition
- Ensuring all work is to be undertaken lAW all relevant site rules, regulations which include LOLER and PUWER, standards and company policies
- Completing all administrative tasks in conjunction with the role i.e. as part of a team and assist in creating risk assessments, pre-use check sheets, standard/complex lift plans etc
Your skills and experiences:
- NVQ 2/3 or equivalent qualifications/experience
- CPCS /NPORS or equivalent
- An understanding of LOLER, PUWER, BS7121
- Experience of general lifting operations using various lifting equipment within a maritime and facilities environment, conducting fleeting operations using various capacity chain blocks
You’ll receive benefits including a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. You’ll also have access to additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and employee discounts – you may also be eligible for an annual incentive
Flexible Working Scheme:
At Maritime Services, we embrace flexible and modern working arrangements and feel this is an important part of the benefits that we have on offer. It helps us to create a diverse and inclusive workplace. This role can be undertaken either full time, part time, job share, flexible hours or we would welcome your suggestions for how we could make this role fit your circumstances.
The Slinging & Fleeting team:
As a part of the Slinging and Fleeting team, you will be required to carry out all aspects of slinging and fleeting items through the ship, overhead gantry crane duties as requested by the company. This may include the use of information technology systems to assist in the preparing of lifting evolution.
The role will provide you with the opportunity to work in a varied role where no two days are the same and a range of opportunities to progress through the lifting structure and the company as a whole.
Why BAE Systems?
This is a place where you’ll be able to make a real difference. You’ll be part of an inclusive culture that values diversity, rewards integrity, and merit, and where you’ll be empowered to fulfil your potential. We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and particularly from sections of the community who are currently underrepresented within our industry, including women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities and LGBTQ+ individuals. We also want to make sure that our recruitment processes are as inclusive as possible. If you have a disability or health condition (for example dyslexia, autism, an anxiety disorder etc.) that may affect your performance in certain assessment types, please speak to your recruiter about potential reasonable adjustments.
Please be aware that many roles working for BAE Systems will be subject to both security and export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and your place of birth may limit those roles you can perform for the organisation.