AIR - Airframe Capability Development Engineer
BAE Systems UK
Job Type: Not Specified
Job title: AIR - Airframe Capability Development Engineer
Location: Warton / Samlesbury. We offer a range of hybrid and flexible working arrangements - please speak to your recruiter about the options for this particular role.
Salary: £42,760 - £56,456 (Commensurate with skills and experience)
What you’ll be doing:
- Supporting the evolution and development of Airframe Engineering capability aspects for the Air sector to establish a ‘digital thread’ through the Engineering lifecycle.
- Development, testing and deployment of toolsets (Software applications), Methods and Processes to enable improved creation, management and integration of Airframe engineering data that support improved quality, cost and schedule performance.
- Exploring new toolset capabilities (software or engineering applications) and how these can be applied in the future to the Design of Air’s products and define how these can be integrated with other engineering tools and data-sets to establish a ‘digital thread’ through the engineering lifecycle.
- Working in a multidisciplinary environment in the engineering centre of excellence in conjunction with a range of stakeholders including project deployed engineers and capability providers to deliver optimised Airframe capability.
The role will provide opportunity to learn and understand Air’s existing tools, methods and processes used within Airframe Engineering and the Engineering function’s lifecycle
Your skills and experiences:
- Degree or equivalent experience in a relevant STEM discipline (Typically Mechanical, Aerospace or computer aided engineering (or closely related) tend to be of more interest
- Demonstrated experience in a modern engineering environment.
- Ability to analyse information and apply engineering judgement to solve problems.
- Experience of different parts of Product Lifecycles.
- Experience in the use of modelling and simulation toolsets (design, analysis, verification/ validation)
As a member of the Engineering Centre of Excellence we will expect you to be a highly motivated and proactive individual. A self-starter with an interest and an awareness of new ideas, toolsets and technologies that will improve ‘how we engineer’, with the ability to apply these ideas and methodologies into new product applications.
With experience in a multidisciplinary environment, you will have excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, with the ability to articulate to, and influence, a wide range of stakeholders, including managers, peers, and external parties.
You’ll receive benefits including a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. You’ll also have access to additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and employee discounts – you may also be eligible for an annual incentive.
The Engineering Centre of Excellence:
The Airframe Capability Development Engineer sits within the Engineering Centre of Excellence, part of the Air sector. This role will lead and support the development and evolution of the Airframe capabilities for future and existing programmes within the Air Sector.
This is a role which will explore, develop, test, and deploy Airframe Tools, Methods and Processes, ultimately aimed at improving delivery of engineering to meet our future challenges. It will give you the opportunity to be creative, solving problems innovatively and to be an influence on shaping how we operate into the future.
Why BAE Systems?
This is a place where you’ll be able to make a real difference. You’ll be part of an inclusive culture that values diversity, rewards integrity, and merit, and where you’ll be empowered to fulfil your potential. We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and particularly from sections of the community who are currently underrepresented within our industry, including women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities and LGBTQ+ individuals. We also want to make sure that our recruitment processes are as inclusive as possible. If you have a disability or health condition (for example dyslexia, autism, an anxiety disorder etc.) that may affect your performance in certain assessment types, please speak to your recruiter about potential reasonable adjustments.”
Please be aware that many roles working for BAE Systems will be subject to both security and export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and your place of birth may limit those roles you can perform for the organisation.