Commissioning Systems Engineer
BAE Systems UK
Job Type: Not Specified
Job title: Commissioning Systems Engineer
Location: Portsmouth. We offer a range of hybrid and flexible working arrangements - please speak to your recruiter about the options for this role.
Salary: Up to £42,530 dependent on skills and experience
What you’ll be doing:
- Apply knowledge, skill and experience in order to resolve issues and faults associated with the operation and performance of Systems.
- Present designated trials and commissioning activities.
- Operate Safe Systems of Work that comply with the company SHE procedures at all times.
- Be able to work with technical autonomy and provide advice and guidance to other technical staff.
- Provide mentorship and technical guidance to less experienced engineers.
- Be able to engage with customers and authorities in writing, by telephone or face to face to discuss technical issues and problems.
- Provide information and technical advice to assist in the compilation of estimates, programmes and work packages.
- You’ll also have people manager responsibilities in this role.
Your skills and experiences:
- Maritime experience in commissioning
- Customer facing experience. Will be working alone but working directly with the customer
- Experience working on multiple systems
- Predominantly mechanical but must have basic knowledge on electrical side
- Operating Marine Systems on a vessel.
You’ll receive benefits including a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. You’ll also have access to additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and employee discounts – you may also be eligible for an annual incentive.
The Mechanical Service team:
As a commissioning systems engineer you will require a detailed technical knowledge and broad experience of Mechanical Systems, their maintenance and inspection requirements. Within this role you will work on projects such as PIP, QEC Support (both Ves) T45 Upkeep, Hunt Upkeep, Op and Defect Support across all Royal Navy vessels. You will carry out scheduled maintenance, inspections, Setting to Work, fault diagnosis and defect rectification. You will need to be able to demonstrable experience of maintenance and inspection of Marine Systems and a keenness to keep abreast of technological initiatives and updates.
Why BAE Systems?
This is a place where you’ll be able to make a real difference. You’ll be part of an inclusive culture that values diversity, rewards integrity, and merit, and where you’ll be empowered to fulfil your potential. We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and particularly from sections of the community who are currently underrepresented within our industry, including women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities and LGBTQ+ individuals. We also want to make sure that our recruitment processes are as inclusive as possible. If you have a disability or health condition (for example dyslexia, autism, an anxiety disorder etc.) that may affect your performance in certain assessment types, please speak to your recruiter about potential reasonable adjustments.”
Please be aware that many roles working for BAE Systems will be subject to both security and export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and your place of birth may limit those roles you can perform for the organisation.