Engineer - Regulatory Compliance and Interface
BAE Systems UK
Job Type: Not Specified
Job title: Engineer – Regulatory Compliance and Interface
Location: Barrow-in-Furness (Hybrid working)
What you’ll be doing:
- Providing support to the independent advice and guidance service on the requirements of the Nuclear Site Licence, Authorisation and Environmental Permit to relevant business teams to ensure compliance with both statutory and contractual obligations
- Supporting the provision of advice to the business that nuclear and radiation safety principles and criteria that are specified are applied to the development of business wide standards and processes
- Supporting the framework of arrangements to demonstrate compliance with all relevant legislation, regulations, principles and standards governing nuclear and radiation safety and associated protection of the environment
- Supporting the delivery, maintenance and storage of key documentation required in support of Licences, Authorisations and Permits
- Supporting the ongoing development, review and maintenance of management arrangements/documentation owned by NSRD (Nuclear regulation for site, governance of nuclear safety management arrangements)
- Supporting the deployment of the interface arrangements between the business and the external regulatory authorities (ONR, DNSR & EA), understanding the arrangements that are required to support the visits of the regulators
- Supporting the appropriate use of company IT systems, tools and bespoke databases in support of compliance and interface arrangements
Your skills and experiences:
- Experience of technical reporting, writing and administration
- Experience of working in a Technical support role within regulated/high hazard industry, e.g., Nuclear, Chemical, Oil & Gas
- Experience of communicating with regulatory bodies and different levels of stakeholders
- Good stakeholder management & relationship building skills
- Ideally have awareness of Nuclear industry regulatory requirements
- Experience of document and records management
You’ll receive benefits including a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. You’ll also have access to additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and employee discounts – you may also be eligible for an annual incentive.
The Engineer – Regulatory Compliance and Interface team:
As an Engineer – Regulatory Compliance and Interface, you will be part of the team that exists to provide specialist advice to the business with regards to nuclear safety and site licencing and is a key part of maintaining the licence to operate. This role will support the provision of advice and guidance cross-functionally and across all levels of the business and will interact with key stakeholders both internally and externally. You will also be reporting into the Principal Engineer (NSR) while working in a team of 10 people across different grades.
This role will provide you with the opportunity to work with the teams that deliver massive projects to the UK's defence programme. You will have the opportunity to be exposed to various technical disciplines, and gain insights to management arrangements and ways of working through building relationships with a wide range of stakeholders.
Why BAE Systems?
This is a place where you’ll be able to make a real difference. You’ll be part of an inclusive culture that values diversity, rewards integrity, and merit, and where you’ll be empowered to fulfil your potential. We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and particularly from sections of the community who are currently underrepresented within our industry, including women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities and LGBTQ+ individuals. We also want to make sure that our recruitment processes are as inclusive as possible. If you have a disability or health condition (for example dyslexia, autism, an anxiety disorder etc.) that may affect your performance in certain assessment types, please speak to your recruiter about potential reasonable adjustments.”
Please be aware that many roles working for BAE Systems will be subject to both security and export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and your place of birth may limit those roles you can perform for the organisation.