Senior Quality Engineer/ Quality Engineer
BAE Systems UK
Job Type: Not Specified
Job Title: Senior Quality Engineer/ Quality Engineer
What you’ll be doing:
- Ensuring program quality requirements are met through all aspects of the product lifecycle
- Taking responsibility for the resolution of quality issues through the structured application of problem solving and root cause analysis techniques
- Primary focal point for customer quality concerns including investigating and writing failure and repair reports
- Supporting customer and regulatory audits to ensure compliance to contractual flow downs and sector accreditations
- Working with key stakeholders
- Leading continuous improvement initiatives within projects and across operations to support the strategic goals of the site
- This opportunity will allow the applicant to gain further knowledge and experience in the Quality role within the manufacturing lifecycle, processes including non-conformance management, auditing, Verification and Validation.
Your skills and experiences:
- Previous experience within a Quality Engineering environment
- Knowledge and understanding of Quality Systems requirements, EN9100 (AS9100)
- HNC or equivalent experience in a relevant field
- Experience of First Article Inspections to AS9102
- Quality Assurance Planning and awareness of APQP/PPAP to AS9145 would be advantageous
- Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing and continuous improvement tools and techniques
You’ll receive benefits including a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. You’ll also have access to additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and employee discounts – you may also be eligible for an annual incentive
The Quality team:
Exciting opportunities exist within the Operations Technical Support function to work as part of an integrated team comprising of Quality, manufacturing and Production Engineers working on products manufactured at our Electronic Systems site in Rochester.
With the right behaviours, drive and willingness to learn we will provide personal development and training opportunities to complement your role and future progression within the organisation.
Why BAE Systems?
This is a place where you’ll be able to make a real difference. You’ll be part of an inclusive culture that values diversity, rewards integrity, and merit, and where you’ll be empowered to fulfil your potential. We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and particularly from sections of the community who are currently underrepresented within our industry, including women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities and LGBTQ+ individuals. We also want to make sure that our recruitment processes are as inclusive as possible. If you have a disability or health condition (for example dyslexia, autism, an anxiety disorder etc.) that may affect your performance in certain assessment types, please speak to your recruiter about potential reasonable adjustments.
Please be aware that many roles working for BAE Systems will be subject to both security and export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and your place of birth may limit those roles you can perform for the organisation