Commissioning Project Lead - Mechanical
BAE Systems UK
Job Type: Not Specified
Job Title: Commissioning Project Lead – Mechanical
What you’ll be doing:
- Acting as Ship systems Mechanical SME for test and commissioning
- Assisting in developing the test and commissioning ship systems strategy
- Assisting in creating the test and commissioning plan
- Reviewing and commenting on engineering outputs and documents
- Providing SQEP input into design decisions
- Assisting in identifying and developing the use of toolsets and software
Your skills and experiences:
- Degree/HNC/HND in an Engineering discipline or equivalent experience
- Competent with IT systems and software (Microsoft products)
- Experience in leading a team
- Understanding of ship systems and their test and commissioning i.e., hydraulics, air purification, pneumatic system, hotel services and Tank Testing as well as overall submarine systems and their operation
- Experience with SAP and team centre
You’ll receive benefits including a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. You’ll also have access to additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and employee discounts – you may also be eligible for an annual incentive
The Commissioning Project team:
As a part of the Commissioning Project team, you will be responsible for the administration, technical control & development of personnel in consistently achieving the following: departmental goals, performance metrics expectations, milestones in accordance with the Contract Delivery Programme. You will also oversee Commissioning Engineers across one technical discipline and be in charge of other responsibilities including the prioritisation & delegation of work activities/packages.
Why BAE Systems?
This is a place where you’ll be able to make a real difference. You’ll be part of an inclusive culture that values diversity, rewards integrity, and merit, and where you’ll be empowered to fulfil your potential. We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and particularly from sections of the community who are currently underrepresented within our industry, including women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities and LGBTQ+ individuals. We also want to make sure that our recruitment processes are as inclusive as possible. If you have a disability or health condition (for example dyslexia, autism, an anxiety disorder etc.) that may affect your performance in certain assessment types, please speak to your recruiter about potential reasonable adjustments.
Please be aware that many roles working for BAE Systems will be subject to both security and export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and your place of birth may limit those roles you can perform for the organisation.