BAE Systems UK
Job Type: Not Specified
Job Title: Environmental Associate
Location: Glascoed, near Newport, South Wales - Hybrid working arrangements are currently in place
What you’ll be doing:
- Environmental lead to the five-year Upper Tier COMAH Environmental Safety Report for all site activities and aspects employing CDOIF guidelines, ensuring the site cannot cause a Major Accident to the Environment (MATTE)
- Maintaining document control and record keeping for ISO 14001:2015 EMS
- Conducting environmental inspections and internal audits as per agreed schedules from both the site SHE and Corporate forecasts
- Reviewing of environmental impacts for works onsite and advise on appropriate controls as required
- Conducting environmental accident / incident investigations
Your skills and experiences:
- Environmental Diploma and/or NEBOSH qualification
- Proven experience within a SHE/Operational function in a similar regulated field
- Experience working under COMAH Regulations (2015)
- Experience dealing with external regulators
- Experience with environmental modelling assessments (e.g. Hydrology and Air Disbursement)
You’ll receive benefits including a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. You’ll also have access to additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and employee discounts – you may also be eligible for an annual incentive.
The Safety, Health & Environmental and Land UK Team:
BAE Systems Land UK collects together a unique combination of experience, knowledge, tools and processes to deliver world-class products and next generation systems technology. We have a proven track record in supporting military forces in operational environments, providing ammunition solutions to markets around the world.
Our team handles the day to day management of all legislation and permits allowing Land UK to operate, working with external competent authorities.
This role will present you the opportunity for development and exposure across Land UK and the wider BAE Systems business. You will be part of a progressive team that is keen to invest in our people.
Why BAE Systems?
This is a place where you’ll be able to make a real difference. You’ll be part of an inclusive culture that values diversity, rewards integrity, and merit, and where you’ll be empowered to fulfil your potential. We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and particularly from sections of the community who are currently underrepresented within our industry, including women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities and LGBTQ+ individuals. We also want to make sure that our recruitment processes are as inclusive as possible. If you have a disability or health condition (for example dyslexia, autism, an anxiety disorder etc.) that may affect your performance in certain assessment types, please speak to your recruiter about potential reasonable adjustments.
Please be aware that many roles working for BAE Systems will be subject to both security and export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and your place of birth may limit those roles you can perform for the organisation.