AIR - Lead Technologist Micro Nano Systems
BAE Systems UK
Location: South Gloucestershire
Job Type: Not Specified
Job title: AIR - Lead Technologist Micro Nano Systems
Salary: £53,000 - £58,000
What you’ll be doing:
- Offering technical leadership on a variety of activities to support the development of new sensors, materials, and technologies to help grow the current technology base. The small size of the team requires the development and maintenance of a wide skill set with specific knowledge and experience in some areas
- Gathering customer requirements and making recommendation for potential solutions
- Guidance and documentation to support the development and embedding of new technologies and processes
- Reviewing and authorising technical reports, presentations, and other deliverables
- Liaising with both internal and external stakeholders / customers
Your skills and experiences:
- Degree qualified (or equivalent) in a relevant STEM discipline or with demonstrable experience in fabrication, processing, or engineering
- Reasonable domain knowledge of some of the following:
- Understanding of fundamental physics
- MEMS (Micro Electromechanical Systems) process development
- Printed Electronics processes
- Design of sensors/devices
- Operation of scientific equipment
- Problem solving
- Cleanroom working practices and equipment
- Possesses excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Experience within the MEMS, Printed Electronics, Aerospace, Defence
- Can work independently without close supervision
- Design of experiments to verify problem solving
You’ll receive benefits including a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. You’ll also have access to additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and employee discounts – you may also be eligible for an annual incentive.
The Micro and Nano Systems team:
The Micro and Nano Systems business forms part of the BAE SYSTEMS Advanced Technology Solutions organisation. The role of the Micro and Nano Systems team in the Advanced Technology Solutions business is to conduct research into novel and innovative materials and micro-electro-mechanical sensors (MEMS) that often operate in challenging environments. This is an opportunity to join a dynamic and focussed team working at the forefront of micro and nano materials and printed electronic technology. The group have on-going development projects in the areas of inertial sensors, structural health sensing, adaptive camouflage, metamaterials, and infra-red and liquid crystal displays.
Why BAE Systems?
This is a place where you’ll be able to make a real difference. You’ll be part of an inclusive culture that values diversity, rewards integrity, and merit, and where you’ll be empowered to fulfil your potential. We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and particularly from sections of the community who are currently underrepresented within our industry, including women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities and LGBTQ+ individuals. We also want to make sure that our recruitment processes are as inclusive as possible. If you have a disability or health condition (for example dyslexia, autism, an anxiety disorder etc.) that may affect your performance in certain assessment types, please speak to your recruiter about potential reasonable adjustments.”
Please be aware that many roles working for BAE Systems will be subject to both security and export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and your place of birth may limit those roles you can perform for the organisation.