Junior Account Manager
BAE Systems UK
Job Type: Not Specified
Job title: Junior Account Manager
Location: Portsmouth: We offer a range of hybrid and flexible working arrangements - please speak to your recruiter about the options for this particular role.
What you’ll be doing:
- Updating and managing the CRM system
- Creating and updating project plans
- Creating and updating bid cycles
- Collaborating with bid teams, to ensure successful completion of bid opportunities
- Building relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Managing an opportunity and bid tracker
- Creating, building and managing an event and marketing calendar with support from the Digital Intelligence Marketing and Communications team
Your skills and experiences:
- Good understanding of MS Packages – Excel, Word, PowerPoint (Project is desirable but not essential)
- Experience within a Sales, Project, Financial or Administrative role within a high pressured environment
- Personable individual who able to manage and adapt communication styles
- Exposure to a marketing environment
- Previous experience within a defence organisation
You’ll receive benefits including a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. You’ll also have access to additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and employee discounts – you may also be eligible for an annual incentive.
The Customer Solutions Team:
The Junior Account Manager will be working within the Customer Solutions – also known as Business Development team – within Defence Digital Services, soon to be Digital Intelligence. The team consists of an Account Manager, Customer Solutions and Strategy Manager and a Head of Campaigns and Programmes. The team has a wealth of practical knowledge and are always keen to share best practice and thoughts for improvements.
The Customer Solutions team is a collaborative team, who utilises the skills and ability within the wider company. It is important that we are able to build and maintain an excellent relationship within other departments to ensure all of our goals and processes are streamlined to achieve successful completion of a project or programme, whilst maintaining the highest industry standard.
Within the team, our main focus is business winning, business development and building healthy rapport with our internal and external customers globally. We build exceptional strategies, campaigns and products to assist our customers and end users within the Digital space. Currently, our biggest customer is the UK MOD, although we have presence within Australia, Canada and other International countries. We are always looking for new ways to break into countries who may require our support and expertise.
Why BAE Systems?
This is a place where you’ll be able to make a real difference. You’ll be part of an inclusive culture that values diversity, rewards integrity, and merit, and where you’ll be empowered to fulfil your potential. We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and particularly from sections of the community who are currently underrepresented within our industry, including women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities and LGBTQ+ individuals. We also want to make sure that our recruitment processes are as inclusive as possible. If you have a disability or health condition (for example dyslexia, autism, an anxiety disorder etc.) that may affect your performance in certain assessment types, please speak to your recruiter about potential reasonable adjustments.”
Please be aware that many roles working for BAE Systems will be subject to both security and export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and your place of birth may limit those roles you can perform for the organisation.