IM%26T Practitioner - Enterprise Architecture
BAE Systems UK
Job Type: Not Specified
IM&T Practitioner - Enterprise Architecture
Location: Barrow. We also offer a range of hybrid and flexible working arrangements
What you’ll be doing:
- Acting as BAE Systems key representative for Architecture within a major Boat Design & Development Programme, on behalf of an IM&T Product Group
- Interfacing internally across the IM&T teams in relation to IM&T strategy & capabilities, and externally into the Boat Programme to understand business needs
- Ensuring IM&T design and the delivery is in line with BAE Systems mandated standards policies and procedures
- Working within the IT function to understand roadmaps and future work, aligning these new demands cleanly
- Supporting design and documentation of solutions to feed into delivery phases of new systems and applications
- Supporting high level costing, drawing on information and documentation gathered
- Supporting and adhering to the architectural principles of BAES Submarines
Your skills and experiences:
- Enterprise architecture experience
- experience of working closely with business stakeholders to understand business needs and capture solution options
- experience of defining solutions within a framework of architecture policies
- Excellent stakeholder engagement skills
- Excellent analytical, conceptual, and problem-solving abilities
- Worked within a regulated industry
You’ll receive benefits including a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. You’ll also have access to additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and employee discounts – you may also be eligible for an annual incentive.
The IM&T Product Group team:
As an Enterprise Architect, you will be working for a specific boat programme within the business, associated with the development of the next generation of Submarines. The role will be part of a team interfacing between the programme and the IM&T function, providing enterprise architecture support across a particular Product Group of infrastructure and/or applications.
The Product Group team consists of Enterprise and Solution Architects who are accountable for producing roadmaps and solution designs, which enable the business to utilise advanced technology to its full capacity, enabling delivery of a highly complex product to the Royal Navy.
This role will provide you with the chance to focus on and improve IM&T capability for a specific and high-profile programme. The programme is early stages so there will be plenty of scope to influence how the applications and infrastructure support that programme now and for many years ahead. There will be significant support in terms of professional development. There is a mature career development framework plus you will be working with advanced technology.
Why BAE Systems?
This is a place where you’ll be able to make a real difference. You’ll be part of an inclusive culture that values diversity, rewards integrity, and merit, and where you’ll be empowered to fulfil your potential. We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and particularly from sections of the community who are currently underrepresented within our industry, including women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities and LGBTQ+ individuals. We also want to make sure that our recruitment processes are as inclusive as possible. If you have a disability or health condition (for example dyslexia, autism, an anxiety disorder etc.) that may affect your performance in certain assessment types, please speak to your recruiter about potential reasonable adjustments.
Please be aware that many roles working for BAE Systems will be subject to both security and export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and your place of birth may limit those roles you can perform for the organisation.