Senior Project Engineer - Digital RF
BAE Systems UK
Job Type: Not Specified
Senior Project Engineer - Digital RF
Location: Portsmouth. Flexible and hybrid working arrangements in place
Salary: Up to £47,900 dependent on skills and experience
What you’ll be doing:
- Provide technical and engineering insight, support and guidance to stakeholders and customers in order to meet design requirements and resolve emergent issues. For example, this may require researching alternative products, techniques or technologies, providing conceptual designs and determining performance criteria.
- Provide in-service support for legacy platforms and systems, resolving obsolescence issues and identifying innovative COTS solutions for future capability improvements in systems and ships.
- Engage with the wider team to supply cross-discipline solutions, provide consensus on engineering solutions and clarify requirements.
- Mentor Early Careers team members, Apprentices and Industrial Placements by offering guidance and experience.
- Engage with other Business Units, Contractors and Customers to facilitate testing and trials of emerging concepts and the development of new capabilities.
- Assess new customer requirements and produce Scopes of Work and Feasability Studies as necessary.
Your skills and experiences:
- Experience in either Design, Repair, Maintenance, Testing & Commissioning, working on Marine Electrical Systems or Radio, Communication and Data networks
- Qualified in a relevant subject at HNC level or suitable equivalent working experience
- Experience of Project Engineering, preferably developing Design Requirements Scope of Work and Feasibility Studies
- Knowledge of Royal Navy Warship Combat Systems
- Experience of repair, maintenance or integration of ships, their systems and equipment
You’ll receive benefits including a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. You’ll also have access to additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and employee discounts – you may also be eligible for an annual incentive.
The Engineering & Energy Services team:
Would you like to work in the future of the Royal Navy’s operational capabilities as a Senior Project Engineer - Digital RF? Join the Engineering and Energy Services team to work on innovative projects where you will make a difference.
You will be working in a small team operating within a wider Engineering group of around 75 Engineers.
This is a great opportunity to play your part in enhancing the future capability of the Royal Navy. You will be working on innovative designs from concept through to implementation.
This will expand your knowledge and skills as You’ll be working alongside a variety of experienced Engineers with varied skill sets and will be able to progress and develop in your career.
Why BAE Systems?
This is a place where you’ll be able to make a real difference. You’ll be part of an inclusive culture that values diversity, rewards integrity, and merit, and where you’ll be empowered to fulfil your potential. We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and particularly from sections of the community who are currently underrepresented within our industry, including women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities and LGBTQ+ individuals. We also want to make sure that our recruitment processes are as inclusive as possible. If you have a disability or health condition (for example dyslexia, autism, an anxiety disorder etc.) that may affect your performance in certain assessment types, please speak to your recruiter about potential reasonable adjustments.”
Please be aware that many roles working for BAE Systems will be subject to both security and export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and your place of birth may limit those roles you can perform for the organisation.