Air - Mission Systems Engineer
BAE Systems UK
Job Type: Not Specified
Job title: Air - Mission Systems Engineer
Location: Warton, we offer a range of hybrid and flexible working arrangements - please speak to your recruiter about the options for this particular role.
What you’ll be doing:
Leading of the following activities as part of a multi-functional engineering team below:
- Requirements Management (capture, manipulation and management of systems requirements)
- Research and Development
- Design Process Engineering
- Behavioural Design Engineering
- Safety Engineering (analysis of the Systems Safety requirements)
- Integration (structuring and partitioning of complex systems)
- Specification and Procurement
- Performance Analysis
- Proof of Design (Certification and Qualification)
- Human Factors and Cockpit Integration
- Integration, Qualification & Acceptance
- Installation and Support
Your skills and experiences:
- Degree educated Science/Engineering discipline or HND/HNC with sound experience of the Engineering Lifecycle or equivalent
- Background in Systems Engineering
- Proven ability to lead and manage a team effectively
- Knowledge of Systems Engineering especially ‘Systems of Systems’ engineering
- Knowledge of the European Product Safety, CE and EMC legislation would be beneficial but not essential
You’ll receive benefits including a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. You’ll also have access to additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and employee discounts – you may also be eligible for an annual incentive.
The Mission Systems Community:
You will get the opportunity to work across the engineering lifecycle from requirements through to design, development and implementation getting involved in all areas of the business, this also includes requirements management, interface between the systems, safety, systems concept, architecture, design, testing, certification. You will be positioned as and where needed on any of these platforms. This role will provide you with a challenging and highly technical opportunity to be part of the development of new technology with the Mission Systems team. You will also have the exposure to a vast amount of subsystems from weapons to radars to electronic warfare.
Why BAE Systems?
This is a place where you’ll be able to make a real difference. You’ll be part of an inclusive culture that values diversity, rewards integrity, and merit, and where you’ll be empowered to fulfil your potential. We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and particularly from sections of the community who are currently underrepresented within our industry, including women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities and LGBTQ+ individuals. We also want to make sure that our recruitment processes are as inclusive as possible. If you have a disability or health condition (for example dyslexia, autism, an anxiety disorder etc.) that may affect your performance in certain assessment types, please speak to your recruiter about potential reasonable adjustments.”
Please be aware that many roles working for BAE Systems will be subject to both security and export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and your place of birth may limit those roles you can perform for the organisation.