Air - Senior Systems Integration Engineer
BAE Systems UK
Job Type: Not Specified
Job title: Air - Senior Systems Integration Engineer
Location: Warton, we offer a range of hybrid and flexible working arrangements - please speak to your recruiter about the options for this particular role.
Salary: £49,135 – £70,385
What you’ll be doing:
- Applying the Systems Engineering approaches across the engineering disciplines to define the customer needs and the required functionality early in the development cycle, documenting requirements, then proceeding with design synthesis and system validation while considering the complete problem
- Applying systems engineering methods, criteria, and techniques to optimise all aspects of safety throughout the lifecycle
- Translating customer requirements into a practicable solution architecture and partitions this into lower-level requirements / specifications
- Ensuring that the resulting solution meets the customer requirements and is properly designed, certified, and controlled
- Creating technical documentation in accordance with Departmental Quality Management Procedures and Processes
- Providing technical support during development, with clear understanding of the product, risks, issues, assumptions & dependencies associated with the products
- Engineering Integration continues to evolve to align with modern working practices it is currently scoped across four key areas, Technical Integration, Engineering Management, System Level Specialisms and Capability & Governance this role may fit neatly into one area but may also require/develop understanding and exposure to the other areas and in fact the other engineering disciplines
Your skills and experiences:
- Degree educated in a STEM discipline or HND/HNC with sound experience of the Engineering Lifecycle
- Proven experience in an engineering integration environment
- Experience of Model Based Engineering approaches and the supporting methods and toolsets
- Use of Microsoft Office Products (Word, Excel & PowerPoint)
- Excellent people and leadership skills
- Previous experience in use of structured toolsets which currently include the IBM Teleologic DOORS Requirements Management tool
You’ll receive benefits including a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. You’ll also have access to additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and employee discounts – you may also be eligible for an annual incentive.
The Integration team:
You will manage the integration of the component parts of a product or system into a cohesive, effective whole. This role will provide you with the opportunity to work across many of the business functions and engineering disciplines gaining great exposure from engaging with all levels of stakeholders and could lead to career opportunities within the wider BAE systems organisation.
Why BAE Systems?
This is a place where you’ll be able to make a real difference. You’ll be part of an inclusive culture that values diversity, rewards integrity, and merit, and where you’ll be empowered to fulfil your potential. We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and particularly from sections of the community who are currently underrepresented within our industry, including women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities and LGBTQ+ individuals. We also want to make sure that our recruitment processes are as inclusive as possible. If you have a disability or health condition (for example dyslexia, autism, an anxiety disorder etc.) that may affect your performance in certain assessment types, please speak to your recruiter about potential reasonable adjustments.”
Please be aware that many roles working for BAE Systems will be subject to both security and export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and your place of birth may limit those roles you can perform for the organisation.