Air - ESS Hardware Engineer
BAE Systems UK
Job Type: Not Specified
Job title: ESS Hardware Engineer
Location: Warton. We offer a range of hybrid and flexible working arrangements - please speak to your recruiter about the options for this role.
Salary: £37,090 - £49,135 Dependant on skills and experience
What you’ll be doing:
- Provide Support to the Typhoon Production, Flight Development and ESS product development environments.
- Software Installation, application administration and maintenance of the Typhoon maintenance system ESS (Engineering Support Sub-System)
- Software installation in accordance with approved documentation sets.
- Support new product capability deployment for all customers (occasional travel will be required)
- Coordinate with the GSTS Project Management team to ensure products progress through all phases of the engineering lifecycle in a timely manner and to the expectation of the Customer
Your skills and experiences:
- Knowledge and experience of Windows Server installation, 2008R2, 2019, 2022, configuration, administration and management of Active Directory and Group Policies. In addition to physical servers are virtual servers (VM Ware) hosting roles such as McAfee ePO, Microsoft WSUS, FTP and other server functions as the environment demands
- Installation and proven support history including configuration of Network Attached Storage, such as standard NAS or more complex systems such as NetApp or Eternus, utilising different RAID configurations
- LAN/WAN network components, routing protocols and switch/router configuration. Cisco, network infrastructure installation, configuration and integration
- Degree/HND educated in a STEM discipline. Demonstated experience within an engineering discipline.
- Windows 7, 10, 11 client administration/management.
- Understanding of Microsoft scripting technoangst such as PowerShell
You’ll receive benefits including a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. You’ll also have access to additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and employee discounts – you may also be eligible for an annual incentive.
The Fast Jet Support team:
An exciting, challenging, and technical opportunity has arisen for a “ESS Hardware Engineer” working within Fast Jet Support. The role is responsible for supporting the delivery of the hardware products set such as Typhoon Future Engineering Support System (FESS) and Engineering Support System for Development (ESS-D) in support of our customers Typhoon operations.
The position offers the opportunity to operate and collaborate in a hardware support capacity as well as across a diverse range of teams.
Why BAE Systems?
This is a place where you’ll be able to make a real difference. You’ll be part of an inclusive culture that values diversity, rewards integrity, and merit, and where you’ll be empowered to fulfil your potential. We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and particularly from sections of the community who are currently underrepresented within our industry, including women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities and LGBTQ+ individuals. We also want to make sure that our recruitment processes are as inclusive as possible. If you have a disability or health condition (for example dyslexia, autism, an anxiety disorder etc.) that may affect your performance in certain assessment types, please speak to your recruiter about potential reasonable adjustments.”
Please be aware that many roles working for BAE Systems will be subject to both security and export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and your place of birth may limit those roles you can perform for the organisation.