Air - Governance Assistant Accountant
BAE Systems UK
Job Type: Not Specified
Job title: Air - Governance Assistant Accountant
Location: Samlesbury.We offer a range of hybrid and flexible working arrangements - please speak to your recruiter about the options for this particular role.
Salary: £37,090 +
What you’ll be doing:
- Performing process confirmations for Delegation of Authority (DoA), IT Controls, Expenses and Corporate Purchasing Account Analysis, Ad-hoc payment checks and Fraud Risk Analysis & Reporting
- Facilitation and co-ordination of Finance Policy Compliance: Process Documentation, Fraud Risk, Financial Policy Manual (FPM) Compliance and Deloittes Control Testing
- Facilitation and co-ordination of non-Finance Governance requirements: Responsible Document Retention Management (RDRM), Business Continuity, Business Risk, Operational Assurance Facilitation and Data Protection
- Improvement and change activities utilising Data Analytics and Digital Technology to provide high quality and timely Business Analysis and Reporting to all stakeholders across the organisation
- Supporting workshops to ensure the transition of activities to new owners from and to the Governance Operations Team demonstrates all handovers strengthen the financial control environment
Your skills and experiences:
Strong interpersonal skills with ability to communicate effectively with stakeholders at all levels, delivering customer expectations to agreed quality standards whilst anticipating future needs. Experience of working in a changing environment, strong customer focused mind-set achieving deliverables that meet quality and schedule.
- Part qualified accountant (CIMA/ACCA)
- Currently working in a finance role and have a good understanding of governance, risks and controls in a financial context.
- Proficiency in data use, interpretation, visualisation and digital technology
- Experience of working within in a large matrix organization with strong business acumen skills, enacting change within own team and wider business stakeholders
You’ll receive benefits including a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. You’ll also have access to additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and employee discounts – you may also be eligible for an annual incentive.
Governance Operations Team
As an Assistant Governance Accountant within a newly formed UK / RoW Governance Capability Centre, you will support the Governance Operations Team by utilising standardised metrics and reporting to demonstrate standards of financial controls are being sustained throughout a transition period. The role holder will play a key part in the transition of activities that will enable the Governance Operations Team to understand and report the overall financial control environment, provide effective and efficient facilitation of governance processes, operation of selected detective controls and continuous monitoring of systems through data analytics and routine process confirmations. This is an exciting time to join this area as the role is about to change and will support multiple businesses and functions across BAE. This will provide the candidate with broader overview of BAE and will help to expand their skills and knowledge within Governance
Why BAE Systems?
This is a place where you’ll be able to make a real difference. You’ll be part of an inclusive culture that values diversity, rewards integrity, and merit, and where you’ll be empowered to fulfil your potential. We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and particularly from sections of the community who are currently underrepresented within our industry, including women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities and LGBTQ+ individuals. We also want to make sure that our recruitment processes are as inclusive as possible. If you have a disability or health condition (for example dyslexia, autism, an anxiety disorder etc.) that may affect your performance in certain assessment types, please speak to your recruiter about potential reasonable adjustments.”
Please be aware that many roles working for BAE Systems will be subject to both security and export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and your place of birth may limit those roles you can perform for the organisation.