Engineer - Systems Engineering
BAE Systems UK
Job Type: Not Specified
Job title: Systems Engineer
Location: Barrow-in-Furness - We offer a range of hybrid and flexible working arrangements - please speak to your recruiter about the options for this particular role.
What you’ll be doing:
- Developing requirements for systems
- Implementing the design
- Carrying out test design, alongside development and execution
- Carrying out Integration activities
- Configuring, releasing and deploying the product
Your skills and experiences:
- Degree or equivalent qualification/expeirence in relevant engineering subject such as Software Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Control Instrumentation
- Relevant post-university qualification (or masters degree) or industry experience working within a highly regulated engineering sector i.e. Aerospace, Nuclear, Oil & Gas, Rail and Automation)
- Accredited to a professional institution with an ambition to achieve Chartered status
- Exposure to one or more Programming Languages & Tools
- Understand the fundamentals of development lifecycles
You’ll receive benefits including a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. You’ll also have access to additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and employee discounts – you may also be eligible for an annual incentive.
The Systems Engineering team:
You will be part of a multi-disciplined team that will be utilising a variety of tools and programming languages, you will engage in all aspects of the development cycle from requirements elicitation through design, development and test.
This role will provide you with the opportunity to work on major, high profile engineering programme for Submarine Platforms in design and build, enabling you to interact with a number of internal and external stakeholders.
Why BAE Systems?
This is a place where you’ll be able to make a real difference. You’ll be part of an inclusive culture that values diversity, rewards integrity, and merit, and where you’ll be empowered to fulfil your potential. We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and particularly from sections of the community who are currently underrepresented within our industry, including women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities and LGBTQ+ individuals. We also want to make sure that our recruitment processes are as inclusive as possible. If you have a disability or health condition (for example dyslexia, autism, an anxiety disorder etc.) that may affect your performance in certain assessment types, please speak to your recruiter about potential reasonable adjustments.”
Please be aware that many roles working for BAE Systems will be subject to both security and export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and your place of birth may limit those roles you can perform for the organisation.