Service Desk Engineer
BAE Systems UK
Job Type: Not Specified
Job title: Service Desk Engineer
Location: Portsmouth. We offer a range of hybrid and flexible working arrangements - please speak to your recruiter about the options for this role.
Salary: Up to £30,000 dependent on skills and experience
What you’ll be doing:
- Conduct initial triage and 2nd line systems support
- Management of request fulfilment, Incident and Problem tickets from start to full resolution
- Liaise with the System Development and Test Teams
- Liaise with the Customer support authorities
- To liaise with users / ticket raisers where appropriate
- Understand multiple applications functions and abilities
- Conduct additional requirements as directed by the Operations Manager
Your skills and experiences:
- Methodical, organised, and accurate worker with a good eye for detail
- Analytical skills to understand trends and patterns to make suggestions for improvement
- Self-motivated, able to work unsupervised under tight deadlines without compromising quality of delivery
- ITIL foundation or can demonstrate understanding of process
- Experience working within Service Desk at an Incident and Problem Management level
You’ll receive benefits including a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. You’ll also have access to additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and employee discounts – you may also be eligible for an annual incentive.
The Digital services support team:
The Service Desk Engineer under the direction of the Operations Team Manager is responsible for the triage and management of live support tickets including Request fulfilment, Incident & Problem. To work closely together to deliver solution triage support (software and data) to meet internal priorities and contractual obligations across multiple applications. You will be supporting the royal navy on essential applications to ensure the fleet is ready to support.
There will also be full support from the team and the wider business to progress your career.
Why BAE Systems?
This is a place where you’ll be able to make a real difference. You’ll be part of an inclusive culture that values diversity, rewards integrity, and merit, and where you’ll be empowered to fulfil your potential. We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and particularly from sections of the community who are currently underrepresented within our industry, including women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities and LGBTQ+ individuals. We also want to make sure that our recruitment processes are as inclusive as possible. If you have a disability or health condition (for example dyslexia, autism, an anxiety disorder etc.) that may affect your performance in certain assessment types, please speak to your recruiter about potential reasonable adjustments.”
Please be aware that many roles working for BAE Systems will be subject to both security and export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and your place of birth may limit those roles you can perform for the organisation.