BAE Systems UK
Job Type: Not Specified
Job title: Procurement Manager
Location: Broad Oak/Firmley/ New Malden
Salary: Up To £33,542.00 pending experience
What you’ll be doing:
- Create expediting reports and undertake expediting activity with suppliers to ensure on-time deliveries in accordance with programme requirements
- Communicate with internal / external stakeholders supporting the contract manager to resolve a wide variety of problems and quality issues, escalating when necessary
- Coordinate procurement metrics and related actions within the team while Recording and reporting on cost savings / cost avoidance
- Support the contract manager in reviewing the performance of suppliers against quality, cost and delivery metrics to ensure requirements are met and to secure improvements and learning from the experience activity.
- Prepare and support procurement activities including, but not limited to, raising Request for Quotations, creating and managing purchase orders, expediting delivery, supporting supplier negotiations for price and lead time and organizing supplier visits
- Ensure all business systems, document management systems and data sources are kept up-todate to provide a single point of truth for stakeholders whilst ensuring all tasks are performed with a right first time ethic in order to meet business-wide Safety, Quality, Cost, Delivery and People principles
Your skills and experiences:
- Good understanding of Procurement principles, techniques, and practices in a professional setting
- Understanding of on time delivery, cost, and quality through the successful actions of the Supply Chain
- Experience in use of Microsoft packages. (SAP or other systems related is greatly desired however not essential)
- A good understanding of how a team integrates with other teams in order to achieve objectives with a willingness to learn and develop
- Able to analyse data and develop/produce reports in a organised and timely manner.
You’ll receive benefits including a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. You’ll also have access to additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and employee discounts – you may also be eligible for an annual incentive.
The Procurement team:
This role sits within the Procurement Team supporting BAE Systems Supply Chain Function. This role will provide you with the opportunity to join a busy dynamic team. Giving you exposure across all our programmes and working through the procurement cycle to broaden your range of experience. You also have the ability to work within special projects with the procurement arena, with amazing opportunities of Sponsorship and paid study for a CIPS qualification.
Why BAE Systems?
This is a place where you’ll be able to make a real difference. You’ll be part of an inclusive culture that values diversity, rewards integrity, and merit, and where you’ll be empowered to fulfil your potential. We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and particularly from sections of the community who are currently underrepresented within our industry, including women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities and LGBTQ+ individuals. We also want to make sure that our recruitment processes are as inclusive as possible. If you have a disability or health condition (for example dyslexia, autism, an anxiety disorder etc.) that may affect your performance in certain assessment types, please speak to your recruiter about potential reasonable adjustments.”
Please be aware that many roles working for BAE Systems will be subject to both security and export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and your place of birth may limit those roles you can perform for the organisation.