Air - Software Engineer
BAE Systems UK
Job Type: Not Specified
Job title: Air -Software Engineer
Location: Warton. We offer a range of hybrid and flexible working arrangements - please speak to your recruiter about the options for this role.
Salary: £42,760 – £56,456 per annum
What you’ll be doing:
- Completion of allocated requirements, design and implementation, and test tasks to a high standard, and within schedule and estimates
- Accurately reporting on progress and providing feedback to team members and leadership
- Supporting System Test and Integration Activities
- Production of appropriate technical documentation
- Design of technical solutions
- Testing of completed functionality
Your skills and experiences:
- STEM degree (e.g., Software Engineering, computer science) or conversant demonstrated experience,
- Programming in high level programming languages (C, C++, C#) and experience of related software development environments e.g. GPS (GNAT)
- A strong, demonstrated understanding of the full software development lifecycle
- Knowledge of Agile and waterfall software development processes, MIL-STD-498 and Lifecycle Management would be advantageous as would previous experience working in an environment using configuration control tools.
- Experience of requirements capture and traceability e.g. DOORS
You’ll receive benefits including a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. You’ll also have access to additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and employee discounts – you may also be eligible for an annual incentive.
The Air Team
As part of our Air team, you could be working at the edge of what is technologically possible, shaping the future to ensure our customers are ready to face challenges we cannot even imagine today. You could be developing and evolving the technologies that will defend the UK for generations to come and supporting our customers around the globe.
Join us and you’ll be encouraged and rewarded to excel in this important work. Apply your talent where it counts.
Why BAE Systems?
This is a place where you’ll be able to make a real difference. You’ll be part of an inclusive culture that values diversity, rewards integrity, and merit, and where you’ll be empowered to fulfil your potential. We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and particularly from sections of the community who are currently underrepresented within our industry, including women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities and LGBTQ+ individuals. We also want to make sure that our recruitment processes are as inclusive as possible. If you have a disability or health condition (for example dyslexia, autism, an anxiety disorder etc.) that may affect your performance in certain assessment types, please speak to your recruiter about potential reasonable adjustments.”
Please be aware that many roles working for BAE Systems will be subject to both security and export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and your place of birth may limit those roles you can perform for the organisation.