Performance and Quality Manager
BAE Systems UK
Job Type: Not Specified
Performance and Quality Manager
Location: Hybrid, based in Preston (Glascoed, Farnbrough also can be considered)
Salary: circa £45,000 depending on experience
What you’ll be doing:
- Responsible for the Enterprise IT Performance Management Strategy
- Ensuring each delivery stream of the Enterprise IT Org (Service, Projects, Security and Finance) have appropriate performance measures and reporting in place with governance processes and that risks and issues have improvement plans
- Responsible for coordinating the delivery of the Enterprise IT Digital Reporting solution
- Lead the production of the Monthly Enterprise IT IM&T Operations Pack
- Responsible for taking an EIT lead role in providing inputs to other reports and initiatives such as Shared Services Business Indicators and Cost of Quality
- Responsible for the Enterprise IT Heatmap of Services and Capabilities Catalogue
- Responsible for the EIT Quality Management Strategy and the implementation, maintenance and suitability of the EIT Business Management System
- Single point of contact for Performance Management and Quality Management with Shared Services, IM&T, OCIO and other areas as required
- Line manage a team of currently 2 reporting analysts
- Deputise for the Governance and Performance Manager where required
Your skills and experiences:
- Experience and knowledge of Quality Management
- Line management experience
- Must be able to demonstrate a commitment to driving continuous improvement
- Data visualisation including data, trends and narratives appropriate to different target audiences
- At least one of ITIL Service Management, Project Management, Quality Management or equivalent Performance Management qualification
- Knowledge of related technologies including Tableau for reporting, Nimbus TibCo as a process management tool and Archer as a GRC tool
You’ll receive benefits including a competitive pension scheme, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. You’ll also have access to additional benefits such as flexible working, an employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and employee discounts – you may also be eligible for an annual incentive.
As a Performance and Quality Manager you will work for the Governance and Performance Team (a team of 7) within the Enterprise IT (EIT) Organisation. The team leads Governance, Risk and Compliance (GRC), Quality, SHE and Performance Management across the EIT organisation and supply chain ensuring company and customer operating standards and compliance requirements are met.
The Performance and Quality Manager is responsible for owning, maintaining and implementing the Performance Management Strategy and Quality Management Strategy for the Enterprise IT organisation. They will ensure the Quality Management System is current, maintained and appropriate to the requirements of the organisation and aligned with the capability model and services catalogue. This role will provide you with the opportunity to work within a fast-paced environment and possibility progress into lead/management role.
To be successful in this role you will have excellent analysis and communication (verbal and written) skills and will be able to convey performance reporting into business messaging for senior leaders. Also, good organisational skills are essential to be able to prioritise work inputs and outputs to multiple stakeholders. You will have hands on experience influencing multiple stakeholders and interacting confidently with them. In this role you will be pro-active and able to lead and drive multiple initiatives across the EIT organisation.
Why BAE Systems?
This is a place where you’ll be able to make a real difference. You’ll be part of an inclusive culture that values diversity, rewards integrity, and merit, and where you’ll be empowered to fulfil your potential. We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and particularly from sections of the community who are currently underrepresented within our industry, including women, ethnic minorities, people with disabilities and LGBTQ+ individuals. We also want to make sure that our recruitment processes are as inclusive as possible. If you have a disability or health condition (for example dyslexia, autism, an anxiety disorder etc.) that may affect your performance in certain assessment types, please speak to your recruiter about potential reasonable adjustments.”
Please be aware that many roles working for BAE Systems will be subject to both security and export control restrictions. These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and your place of birth may limit those roles you can perform for the organisation.